DNO | Prologue

Warning: This story contained strong language. Read at your own risk.

"Creamer!"

A male voice originating from my right groaned almost instantly at the mention of the word, or rather, at the mentioned of his mispronounced name.

"It's Kraemer, sir. Riley Kraemer."

Our teacher, Mr Bladwin looked confused for a moment.

"Oh. Well, my apology, Riley Kreamer..."

"No. It's Krae-mer."

Though he tried to be polite, annoyance appeared to have seeped into his reply.

I could help myself but snickered at the exchanged.

"What?" Riley snapped his head into my direction and growled at me. "You think this is funny?"

I shrugged carelessly, the smug remained on my face.

"Don't look so smug, you'll..."

He didn't get to finish his sentence.

"-Kraemer, you'll be paired with Avery Marshall."

My jaw dropped to the bottom of Pacific Ocean, claiming a permanent residency.

What. The. Actual. Fuck?

My hand shoot up immediately, ignoring the consequences I might faced.

"Sir?" I called out to my teacher and he turned around to face me, looking irritated that he was being disturbed.

"Yes? Avery Marshall, right?" He looked down to the piece of paper he held, briefly checking for confirmation.

I reconfirmed his doubt, giving him a quick nod. "Can I switch partner?"

Mr Baldwin narrowed his eyes at me for a moment before a huge grin stretched across his face.

Mind you, it actually looks creepy when he does that.

"Does anyone here fancy switching your partner with Avery Marshall? Or with her partner-" He checked the paper again. "Riley Creamer?"

I ignored the huge groan besides me, focusing on my teacher.

Few hands shot up at the mention of Riley's name.

How delighted to know that, I thought sarcastically. But at least I don't have to get stuck with this arrogant, self-centered guy.

Just when I was about to celebrate the fact, he spoke up. "Avery, it looks like no one else want to switch partner with you."

Few people who raised up their hands gasped. The loudest probably came from me.

"But...they..." I tried to explain, feeling absolutely flabbergasted.

"Sorry Avery, I guess you'll just have to stick to my plan."

I slumped back into my seat, looking like a defeated balloon.

"Not looking so smug anymore?" Riley had shifted his chair closer to me as he said with a teasing smile.

"Fuck off!" I cursed at him.

This just ignited his amusement even more. "

"You know, I would rather you say fuck you, so that I could said, gladly." He smirked at me.

"Well, wouldn't I love to say, in your dream." I put up a fake smile at him.

... ... ... ... ...

Avery Marshall had fallen into the trap of love once.

And once is all it takes for her to put her guard up against every guy within a five miles radius, starting with the one named Riley Kraemer.

That was four years ago

Now, willing or not, she's stuck with him for a project.

Should she remained guarded as always or perhaps, let her curiosity out and open her heart for once, for the sake of her project?

A/N:

Hey peeps,

You're probably wondering why am I starting a new story when I barely written anything for my other stories.

But guess what?! This story is a part of Wattpad's Just Write It challenge for August. I'm so excited about it.

For those who didn't know what it is about:

Just Write It challenge is a challenge done specifically by Wattpad for the month of August and the most exciting part is, there will be a official award for this!!

The rules are simple:
-write a story of >10,000 words
-over the period of 30 days
-add the tags #Wattys2015 and #JustWriteIt to your new book
-Deadline: 30 September

Hope you guys will be joining this too!! And also, hopefully you enjoy this new story of mine. :)

Peace out. X
Angie