DNO | 9

PASS MY EXAM!!! I'm so excited so I'm going to go ahead and post this early. ^_^
Last chapter...oops, I mean, second last chapter. Enjoy!!

Chapter 9: The Truth

Having a best friend of the opposite sex usually has its goods and bad. Boys are...just boys. Sometimes, they act like a total jerk, but the next second, they could be all kind and nice when you're sick. They're hard to figure out and when you think you have poach through their thick skull, they put up another front that'll just make you goes all crazy.

Being the girl, there could be more of the bad than good at time. We tend to fall for them too easily. We fell for them and by the time we were just one step away from wing heartbroken, it's too late. What are the chances of having two great best friend, one being an opposite sex whom you could just ask for advice related to boys, another being the girl bestie you could have sleepover with, watch Teen Wolf, fan girl over it and bawl your eyes out when the ship sink?

I had the odds.

Then again, what are the odds of both of you falling for the same guy?

Odds on both of us.

That's how the story of three best friends unfold four years ago. Staring me, Rebecca Daniels and Riley Kraemer.

February 14th, 2013

"Oh. My. God!"

I was at my locker, picking up the books I needed for my next class when a squeal from my right caught my attention.

"Becky, what's wrong?" I slammed shut my locker door immediately and frown at the girl standing next to me. She had her locker door half open, her long, straight shiny blonde hair curtained her face from me.

She didn't reply but her rigid figure told me she was reading, or looking at something inside her locker. "No way!" She whispered to herself.

"Becky?"

Finally, she shows herself to me and relief flows through me when I saw excitement plastered on her face. Yet it was quickly replaced with another emotion when she shows me her source of excitement.

"Look at this, Ave!" She held out a piece of paper and I had to calm her down, for I was unable to get a hold of the content with her massive hand shaking.

"Riley told me he likes me!" She bursted out, unable to contain her excitement. Obviously she can't wait for me to read the long-winded letter and blurted it out right to me.

The paper slipped right through my finger, landing on the floor. Snapping out of my thought, I bend down quickly to pick it up, taking longer than necessary.

He chose her.

"Um, Ave, you're okay with it, right?"

He chose her. What more could I say?

So I masked on my usual smile and told her, "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Cause maybe you like him too, since he's our best friend since forever. I mean, maybe you too, like him and I would totally-" She ranted.

I gave her a smack on her head. "Are you crazy? He just confess to you." I told her. "Not me." I added quietly a second later.

She smiled sheepishly, her earlier excitement replacing the hesitancy on face. "I know that I've been rambling that I like him for a long time. I'm just..."