DNO | 10

Last chapter. Period.

Chapter 10: The End

"Avery, where's your partner?"

I was already nervous with gigantic fishes swimming in my stomach and Mr Baldwin wasn't helping at all as he pressed about my absent partner for every ten seconds. "I-I...he's on the way, sir."

He gave me a flat look. "You told me that ten minutes ago."

"He will show up." I didn't know why I made that promise. I wasn't even sure if he was turning up.

If Riley did not show up in five minutes, my grade for this presentation is screwed.

He scowled at me while gesturing the second last group to present. Andrew Wilson and his partner walked passed me, him slowing down to flash me a mockery smile, not a hint of regret or remorse on his face. I gritted my teeth. Now isn't the best time to punch anyone, Avery.

"Sorry, the number you dialed..."

Frustrated, I threw my phone down. Luckily it bounced off something soft in my bag, not causing any unnecessary noises.

Where the hell are you, Riley Kraemer?

"Avery Marshall and Riley Kraemer." Me Baldwin announced sternly. I glanced at the door once more, willing my partner to magically appeared.

Andrew was smirking at me. "Golden boy is not here to save his damsel in distress?"

"Drew!" Kayla gasped in horror before giving his a slap to his arm as a warning. "Don't be rude." Then she turned to face me with an apologetic look. "Sorry bout him."

I shook my head at her. "It's fine." Facing Andrew, I looked at him coldly. "I'm not a damsel waiting to be save, Andrew. I'm a girl, who could be a bitch if you fuck around with her. But then, if I'm really a bitch, I'd make your life a living hell. Though I rather sit back and watch you do it yourself, cause it seems like you're half way there already."

"Avery and Riley! Present now or I'm failing both of you."

Oh fuck you, Riley. I'm doing this alone.

"Our project is named 'Do Not Open'." I strutted to the front and began. Mr Baldwin eyed me, grimaced when he realized that I was presenting empty-handed.

"Where is your material, Avery?" He questioned.

I clenched my fist as I answered, trying by to be less rude. Riley was already pushing me into a hell of failing and I sure as hell isn't going to lose anymore mark by being rude to teacher. So, I plastered on a fake smile. "It's with Riley, sir. He had all of our materials and he's a no show. Can I request to go ahead with the presentation and be graded separately?"

He grunted in response. Taking that as a green light, I proceeded. Presenting in front of forty students was never a problem for me. In fact, I love the thrill of public speaking. The fact that you could capture everyone's attention, the way they focus on you give me a sense of satisfaction and confidence as I continue to speak.

"...and that's all for my part of this presentation today. Any questions
?" I ended my speech after ten minutes of continuously speaking. It was mandatory to have a Q&A session after every presentation, hence I was looking expectantly at the crowd, waiting for a shooting hand.

A hand shot up after five seconds of silence. I inwardly growled when my gaze lay upon that person. "Yes, Andrew?"

Can't deny I was gritting my teeth when I spoke of his name.