Chapter 18

previously in chapter twelve //

"Really Shay. Did you?" He asked, again.
"No. NO. I've never fucked anyone besides you, EVER. Back in the studio when you accused me of fucking with him, I never did anything with him, and even though you accused me of doing something that I didn't do, I still decided that I was never going to do that. Chris was never anything more than my producer. And you couldn't face the fact of someone coming around your girl and actually treating me better than you EVER did..." I breathed heavily. I had been holding in how I truly felt about the situation for a while. "If only you knew how many times, Chris has tried to mess around with me, and every time I turned him down.... I suggest you quit being a DICK and step up your game. You worried about me fucking around and you need to be worried about you fucking up and somebody taking your PLACE." I said, before I walked away and slammed the door. He followed behind me outside, trying to catch up with me. I remained, stubborn and I continued to keep walking.
"Shay, come here." He spoke. I shook my head and sighed.
"what?" I asked, turning around to face him.
"We've been through way more shit than this to let this tear us apart. I love you, Shay and nothing is going to ever change that. I promised you I was done with the hoes and all that other shit, and I meant that. You giving up on me, before even giving me a chance to prove my loyalty. I know I've done a lot of shit, in the past but that's the past. I want to focus on us and the future and I promise I'm not going anywhere." He said, before grabbing onto my hands. I believed every word that came out of his mouth, some might say I'm stupid for falling for this but everyone makes mistakes and I'm willing to make this one, if it is. I looked him in the eyes, and slowly smiled. He kissed me on the forehead, and looked down at me.
"You giving me a chance?" He asked,
"Yes." I spoke, slowly. He embraced me in a hug, and I hugged him back tightly. //

Shay's pov

It's been so challenging trying to trust Chresanto again and actually give him a chance and start all of this over again. It's been hard, but we've been progressing very well. I guess before I wasn't really allowing myself to open up to him and adjusting to having a man around again. I just wasn't ready for all that at the time, but now I am absolutely ready to give this a try again. I just felt like I didn't need a man around to help me with anything, or even be there for me. I mean, my career is going great, I bought my own house and paid off on my old one. Being alone, made me feel more independent. I was happy before he came into my life, but having him around makes me a whole lot happier, honestly. I just have no time for anything negative in my life. As a matter of fact, me and Liz are going to go on double dates, tonight since our love life is both pretty much succeeding very well. I am currently in the studio working on this track, that I think is going to be extremely amazing. It's basically a heartbroken song, I guess but it kinda shows woman power. I was done writing so I stepped behind the mic as I let my producer, Chris do his thing. Once he nodded his head and dropped the beat I knew it was my time to shine.
"You got the right one,
You got the right one,
I just really hate you
All that game you've been running
Now it's time that I played you
And why I let you do me
Like doors wide open you ran right through me
But you done found the right one nigga
Fuck you and all that
Blast on Twitter then I'm a blast back
You want a ratchet then I'm a be that
Don't make me call my boys and have yo shit peeled back
Oh, boy you really don't know how you making me feel
You make me wanna kill a man
Oh you really gon make me show you how I feel
You got the right one, nigga
Damn, I really hate you
I'm a say it again cause the truth is I made you
Now you out here fronting
When you was just begging me
In the rain
Down on your knees trying to explain
See you know, I know the truth but still you wanna go there?
You got the right one, nigga" I song my heart out, literally. "And that's the end, Leave it there." I spoke, to Chris as I finished the song. I knew I was doing great, because Chris didn't even try to stop me or make me do anything over. I felt it in my heart the song was going to be a success. "How did I do?" I asked, smiling as I stepped out into where he was.
"It was amazing, I loved it, Shay," he spoke, smiling. I smiled, and nodded my head taking it all in.
"Great, let's hear it." I spoke, excitedly. He played the song back and we both began to nod our head to the song. I was smiling hard because it sounded amazing.