Chapter 1

Sam's P.O.V.

The bar was warm and inviting. It was June now and I was dreading it. June was bad. Very bad.

The smell hit as soon as I got out of my car. The alcohol, the sweaty bodies, the vomit from people too drunk.

I grabbed my fake I.D. and went to get the strongest drink I could.

********

Several shots later and I was drunk off my ass. This was when I was happiest. Jordan was the last thing on my mind and I was dancing with all the other drink people, just moving to the music in total bliss.

I looked over to my right and saw a scarily familiar face that I hadn't seen in years.

The short, black hair and the deep brown eyes made it impossible not to recognize him.

Harry.

He saw me staring at him and he smirked and walked towards me. He put his arm around my waist and held on so tight, I could feel bruises forming.

"Wow Sam. I didn't take you for an underage drinker. Very badass." He laughed and winked at me.

I had to admit, he had definitely changed. He was a lot taller, so he towered over me. His muscles were very prominent in his fitted button up shirt and his hair was longer than usual, but still short.

I grinned at him.

"We'll I guess heartbreak does that, yeah? Right?"

Harry's face wrinkled up and concern showed in his eyes. Confusion and anger swept across his face before he put a smile on it again.

"C'mon let's get you home. I'll drive you.. Just show me where you live."

Harry guided me through the bar and out the door. Well more like dragged me, I was too drunk to walk properly. He led me to a black Audi and I got me inside. I have him directions, and soon enough we were at my apartment.

"Thanks Harry. I hope to see you soon babe." I giggled stupidly.

Harry rolled his eyes and got out of the car too. He walked over to me and easily picked me up in his arms and carried me to my bed and gently laid me down. His face was a mere two inches from mine when he set me down.

I looked into his eyes and saw longing in them. He wanted this. And maybe I did too. I don't know.

Harry's lips crushed onto mine. They were hot but soft and gentle.

I kissed him back. It'd been so long since I felt any affection and I desperately craved it.

His tongue demanded entrance and I allowed it. He explored my mouth thoroughly and a soft moan escaped his throat. I put my arms around his neck, pulling him closer, wanting more.

Then reality kicked in and I fully understood what was happening.

I pushed him away, hard.

"How dare you?! You can't just do this! You were going to take advantage of me 'cause I'm drunk! You selfish asshole. Get out." I glared at Harry.

He got up and put his hand on my cheek gently.

"I wouldn't use you. Ever. I don't want to have sex with. I actually want an explanation. What happened with Jordan?"

I could feel the pain coming back and tears filled my eyes when he said her name.

I told him everything. All of it. And I was sobbing by the end, the pain making me sober again. He just hugged me and rubbed my back.

"Sam, you have to move on. You can't just get drunk all the time! You'll die! That would hurt Jor-her. She'd be crushed. Go talk to her."

I just nodded and let Harry try to comfort me.

*********

The next morning, I woke up next to Harry, both of us still in our day clothes. I got up quietly and went to get my usual hangover remedy and took a shower.

I walked out of my bathroom in only a towel to find Harry awake.

"Uh Harry?"

He looked to me and jumped a bit. He wasn't expecting to see me almost naked.

"Um I'll go to the bathroom. Let me know when you're done." He muttered.

Harry walked past me and accidentally bumped my arm, causing me to let go of the towel and it fell off. Harry stopped dead and his eyes went up and down my body.

I quickly grabbed the towel and pushed him to the bathroom. I got dressed quickly and told Harry to come out.

"You should go home, Harry."

"I know, but I'm scared to leave you here alone." His eyes showed the terror and pain.

"I'm a big girl. I can handle myself. I know what I'm doing."

He nodded his head and left my place without saying another word.