Chapter 11

Sam's P.O.V.

The pain was terrible. The worst imaginable. It felt endless and I was scared. No, I was terrified. I thought I was going to die and I was okay with that, if only the pain would end.

I heard sirens and felt my self being lifted into an ambulance. They tried hard not to hurt me but their attempts were futile. It was a constant pain.

I felt an I.V. go into my skin and a cooling sensation spread through me before I finally passed out, wishing I could just forget.

******

I woke up and heard crying. Her sobs were broken and pained. But why?

I opened my eyes and suddenly felt a sharp pain in a very unusual place. What the hell?

I looked around the room and saw white walls, a few chairs, and lots of medical tools.

Then I saw a girl. She was absolutely beautiful with bright blue eyes and dark brown hair that cascaded down her back. She was looking directly at me and her expression went from pain to relief.

"Sam! You're awake!" She said.

Sam? Was that me? How did she know me?

"Do I know you? Am I Sam? Why am in a hospital? Why am I in so much pain?" I asked quickly.

A confused look settled on her face that was quickly replaced by horror and hurt.

"I'm going to get a nurse. Stay here, boo." She smiled softly.

Boo? What? Why would she call me boo? Why couldn't I remember anything?

The girl walked back in with a nurse who looked very sad and pained.

"Hi Sam. Jordan says you can't remember anything. Is that true?"

I nodded. The nurse sighed and Jordan, I guess that was her name, sat on the edge of my bed and soothingly rubbed my leg.

I didn't know why but it felt like a routine, nice and vaguely familiar.

"Ok Sam. Just tell me everything you do remember."

I thought hard but there was nothing. Not a single memory. I couldn't even recall who my family was.

"There's nothing. At all."

The nurse nodded and a weird look crossed her face. She turned to Jordan.

"She doesn't want to remember what recently happened. Her mind went into shut down and made her forget not just that, but her whole life. It's very common in people who have suffered a traumatic event."

Traumatic event? What happened to me?

"What happened? I want to know everything. Now."

The nurse smiled sadly and shook her head.

"I'm sorry. But if we tell you now it'll all overwhelm you and you'll go into a shock state. We have to feed you little bits and pieces and hope you remember on your own. Jordan, I know you can inform her of simple stuff from her childhood."

Jordan nodded sadly, understanding. I had something on my mind that I had to ask her but I wanted to wait until I was alone with Jordan.

The nurse left quickly and we were alone finally alone.

"Jordan, can I ask you something? Please don't feel awkward..."

She perked up, oddly enough.

"Are we together? Romantically? I feel this weird feeling when I see you and I feel like you're familiar yet new. Does that make sense?" I asked.

A grin lit up her face and hope sparkles in her eyes.

"Yeah. We were together for several years and then we broke up for months. But we're together again."

I nodded. Now I understood why she had called me boo.

I did something even I didn't expect. I leaned forward and crushed her lips to mine.

It felt natural and extremely familiar. It felt perfect.

*flash*

Her face lit up when she saw the beautifully decorated room, Paris themed. She loves Paris.

*end of flash*

I gasped and pulled away.

"You like Paris." I didn't question it. I was certain.

She jumped up and nodded.

"Yeah! You remembered something! What else?!"

"Me and you. We were in a room. It was Paris decorated. Something big happened. But I don't know what."

A tear fell down her cheek and I instantly felt guilty, even though it wasn't my fault.

I hugged her tightly, rubbing her back the way she liked it. It calmed her down.