Chapter 2

Jordan's P.O.V.

Today's June 14th. The day I knew I was in love.... With her. Exactly six years ago. A tear rolled down my cheek, leaving a glistening trail. I felt my phone buzz and I quickly checked it.

From: Sam

Hey. Wanna grab some coffee at noon today? I haven't seen you in forever...

I hesitated. I wasn't sure what to say. But I figured I had to talk to her eventually.

To: Sam

Sure. Noon is great. See you then.

It was 11:00 right now. I quickly curled my hair and did my makeup, exactly how she likes it. I dressed in casual but nice clothes. I grabbed my phone and purse before leaving my apartment but stopped when I saw a very familiar car and person.

Sam was leaning on the hood of the black Prius that she loved. She had her hair up in a ponytail and she wore light makeup and skinny jeans with brown ugg boots and a simple white V-neck. She looked good. Painfully good.

I slowly walked up to her and then I really saw her.

She had deep bags under her eyes and her skin was a very scary pale. Her eyes weren't bright blue anymore, they were grey and staring at the ground. She had lost a lot of weight too. She looked sick. Like she was dying.

"Hey there Sam."

She looked up at me and the agony in her eyes made me freeze. But the agony disappeared and was replaced with a small smile.

"Hey Jordan. Long time, no see. How have you been?"

She politely opened my door for me and was now sitting next to me, starting her precious car.

"I've been great! How about you, Sam? Are you ok?"

Sam bit her lip and nodded, not saying anything.

She was lying. I could tell.

"No you're not. What's going on Sam? Why do you look so sick?"

Sam pulled over and parked the car, turning to look at me straight in the eyes. She didn't bother hiding the agony and pain in them and on her face.

"Jordan, you never even let me explain! You didn't talk to me for months! I don't even know why you bothered coming today. You hate me! You act like it anyways. I look sick because I can't eat. I only eat enough to live. And why am I pale? Why do I look tired? Because the only way I can sleep is by getting drunk off of my ass and that's every night now! Is that what you were expecting to hear?! Is that what you wanted?! Cuz that's what you got."

Sam finished her heated speech and relaxed against the seat slightly.

Sam? Drinking? Getting drunk every night? No. No!

I felt tears slide down my cheeks and I knew Sam felt bad. She leaned over and wiped the tears away and then caressed my cheek. I automatically leaned in to her touch and sighed in relief.

"Sam, you can't drink! You'll die! You can't do that!" I screamed.

Sam recoiled from my loud voice and shrunk back against her seat. She looked like a child, small and scared.

I took a deep breath.

"Sam, I want to go back home. I thought I could do this. Let you explain. Talk to you. But I can't yet."

An evil and horribly scary look crossed her face.

"Really? Is that why you're dating Dominic? Why you've probably had sex with him and kiss him and love him? 'Cause you're not ready? Jordan, Maddy and I kissed. She just kissed me, out if nowhere. The first time, I fucking pushed away. And the second, I pushed away after I kissed her back briefly. You just freaked out and fucking ruined me because of your fucking stubbornness!"

She opened the door and got out, tossing me the keys.

"Drive home. I'll stop by your place later and get my car back. I need a drink."

And then she slammed the door and left, tears running down her face.