Chapter 3

Sam's P.O.V.

I slammed the door shut, and walked off. Tears poured down my face. I needed my beloved alcohol. I needed to forget the pain. But then I heard a car door slam and footsteps quickly approached me. I spun around and Jordan stopped dead.

"What do you want?" Even I could hear the venom in my voice.

Jordan's face showed hurt. I instantly regretted snapping at her. My anger faded and was replaced with the familiar pain.

She hesitantly walked towards me. And then she pulled me into a tight hug. I stood there, rigid. I desperately wanted to hug her back and never let go, but I couldn't.

"Sam I didn't know. I didn't want to hurt you so bad. I'm sorry."

I knew there was more though.

"But?"

She sighed and let go. She ran her fingers through her hair, twisting it at the end.

"But I'm with Dominic. I love him. A lot. And he would never do that to me."

My heart stopped. Hurt replaced all other emotion on my face but I quickly replaced it with fury.

"I figured. I knew this was pointless. Meeting up with you. Seeing you again. It'll add more to the alcohol. To the pain and heartbreak. But whatever. Jordan, go be happy with him. Ok? Just be with him. You're in love with him. You'll never feel that way about me again. I know that now. So save us both more pain and just go home. Delete my number. Erase me from your memory. I don't want to keep getting hurt. I don't want to hurt you again. I'll be fine. So will you. He'll make you happy, like you deserve. He can give you everything and I can't. So just go, Jordan."

Jordan burst into tears. She sank to the ground and curled up into a ball. I felt guilty instantly and I rushed over to her and held her in my arms.

She cried for a few minutes before her tears dried up. I picked her up and put her in the back seat and laid her down. She fell asleep immediately.

I drove back to my apartment and carried her to my bed. Then I went into the kitchen to my alcohol cabinet and grabbed some vodka and a shot glass.

Five shots later, and I was drunk. Jordan was sound asleep so I wasn't worried. The vodka lessened my pain and I didn't really care if Jordan saw me like this. This was me now.

Oddly enough, she woke up as I was thinking that. She saw the bottle, the glass, my bloodshot eyes and smelled the alcohol. Her beautiful blue eyes filled with tears.

"Sam give me that bottle. Now." She demanded.

I shook my head stubbornly.

"Not unless you find another way to take away my pain."

Jordan walked over to me and grabbed my face in her hands. Her touch sent shock waves through my body and her eyes made me freeze up and left me speechless.

"Sam.... Please...." She whimpered.

She knew that that would work. She used an old trick. But it worked well and I handed her the bottle. She spun around and dumped the contents down the drain.

"What the fuck?! Stop it! Now!"

Jordan threw the bottle on the ground, causing it to shatter.

"No! This is fucking bullshit! You can't kill yourself because of me! Or you or whatever! You're nineteen! You can't even legally drink! So stop it! I'm bringing you to my place for the next few weeks. You need to stay away from alcohol. Go pack. Now!"

I hung my head and obeyed her.

Soon enough, I was in my passenger seat, on my to my new place for a while. I was extremely nervous but happy that I would be able to see Jordan everyday. She kept shooting me glances filled with worry but I ignored them.

We arrived at her apartment shortly and I was greeted with a very horrible sight. It was so bad, even Jordan stopped everything.

And then she sprinted out the door and towards the man she loved, lying bleeding by her door.