Chapter 6

Sam's P.O.V.

"I loved him." Jordan whispered. My tight on her tightened protectively. I had to make her think of something else. Not him. Not the pain.

I gently set her in the car and then climbed in. Jordan stared out the window silently and let the tears pour out of her eyes. I grabbed her hand and held it. She didn't move.

We arrived at my place and I carried her inside and put her on my bed. I set her on my lap and she wrapped her arms around my neck and put her face in my neck. I felt her body shake with the pain and I felt my shirt getting wet with her fresh tears. I rocked her gently and eventually she fell into an uneasy sleep. I put her under the covers.

I looked at the clock. 4:37 A.M. Wow it was early. But I wasn't tired. I was in pain too. Dominic had made Jordan happy when I wasn't able to. He saved her from me. I owed him so much. And it was my fault he was dead. I hadn't killed him or anything. He had gone to visit her but I had taken her out. If I hadn't, he'd be alive. She'd be happy.

I grabbed a glass and a whiskey bottle. I filled the glass and guzzled it down. I could feel the buzz starting. I poured another glass. And another. I did until the bottle was empty.

There was no buzz. It was just fuzzy thoughts and a blurry tear streaked face. And then blackness that brought a blissful happiness.

********

I woke up abruptly. I looked around in panic, unsure of where I was.

The walls were white and so were the sheets. I heard a beeping sound to my left. I was in the hospital.

To my right was a sleeping body. Jordan. I shook her awake.

"Huh? What?" She muttered.

"Jordan, why the hell am I in a hospital?"

She was awake and alert by now. Anger and sadness showed on her face.

"Because you downed a whole bottle of whiskey! And I woke up, fucking sobbing, to see you on the floor, out cold! I thought you were fucking dead, Sam!" She yelled.

Tears escaped her eyes and she buried her face in my sheets. I gently stroked her hair, trying to calm her.

"Jordan, I'm sorry. It's how I've been dealing with all of my pain for the past months. My first drink was about two hours after you left me. I've been hooked since then." I said quietly.

Jordan's body shook roughly and my hand rubbed her back rhythmically. Soon I could feel her breathing evening out and her body was still. She was asleep.

I hit the button to call the nurse. Soon enough a plump nurse walked in, smiling politely.

"When can I be released?" I asked.

"Well, we need you to sign a paper saying that you'll attend AA meetings once a week and you're friend here will stay with you and you'll get rid of all alcohol in your house or else you'll be sent to jail for underage drinking. Ok?"

I nodded and looked down at the floor while chewing on my lip. The nurse walked off and grabbed the papers before returning. I easily signed all the papers and was released quickly.

Jordan stayed very close to me, always touching. I didn't mind though.

We arrived at my house soon after leaving and Jordan led me in the house quietly.

"Sam?" She muttered sadly.

"Yes?"

"Why did you start drinking? You know it'll be hard to quit. And you are going to quit or I'll just leave and I will never come back. It's my fault that you started so I'm gonna help you quit. But you better try."

I nodded and pulled Jordan to me and hugged her tightly.

"I'm sorry Jordan. So sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I never wanted that to happen. Ever."

She nodded but didn't say anything.

Jordan pulled back and bit her lip, looking at the ground. I put my hand under her chin and forced her to look me in the eye.

And then she leaned forward and pressed her lips to mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Who do you think the killer of Dominic is??????? Too bad he's gone.... :( vote and comment!