|| the flu

pov: enjolras

there's something about proving éponine wrong that amuses me. maybe it's the fact that she's obviously stubborn, or just the fact that i take pleasure in proving people wrong, period.

and speaking of éponine, i noticed that i felt different around her. i didn't feel like that marble statue my friends always tease me about being. it was like there was a bird in my stomach, fluttering its wings whenever i spoke to her or even met her gaze. i was considering confronting jehan, knower-of-all-emotions, about this. however, it also feels like the flu...

the flu in september isn't completely unheard of.

infatuation? no, no, no. me, gabriel enjolras, infatuated with a real, human girl? hysterical!

but as i dwell on it more, i slowly come to a conclusion.

i guess i have some feelings for éponine.

she was definitely correct by saying that we only had one run-in, and i did give her a nose bleed and not speak to her at lunch even though she was sitting very close to me, and i helped her pick up her books this morning, and we had english together and that brief conversation... there was more than just some measly run-in.

so i suppose i have feelings for éponine.

wait, no i don't.

it must be the flu.

i definitely feel nauseous. i'm dizzy and heart is pounding.

flu symptoms, if you were to google them.

but i shake them all off and begin my walk home, stuffing my hands into my pockets. the wind is chilly for september.

"enjolras! enjolras!"

i immediately recognize the voice. it belongs to courfeyrac. i hear papers flapping around before i turn to face my friend.

"hey, courf."

"hey there! i was wondering what you know about derivatives...?"

i rolled my eyes. my friends were dull. "well, i do know some things. but i am not doing your math homework."

courfeyrac sighed, sticking his bottom lip out like a child. "hmph. well, you're not my friend anymore then!"

"courfeyrac, you are such a child," i spat. "can you ever be sensible?"

"me? sensible?" he put a hand to his heart, acting shocked. "i'm always sensible."

i snorted.

"but, please! please, enjy, please!"

i tried to hurry past him, but he managed to shove his way in front of me.

"we've been over this, don't call me enjy..." i moan, rubbing my eyes in annoyance.

"sorry. just please, at least tell me what this means."

i groan. "all right. but not again."

-

filler?? haha, I needed a chapter where I could introduce his feelings for Eponine somehow rip

thx so much for so many reads, y'all! it means the world to meeee! and your votes and comments and all that stuff... I couldn't ask for anything more. I never expected this many reads <3 <3

i also posted an enjonine one-shot called "Are They Finally Dating?" it's pretty funny and cute :) check it out! you might like it! NO GUARANTEES!

-anna