Chapter 30- Literal Fireworks

Ashton's POV

After kissing her for a few seconds, the whole group heads out to the backyard to see the array of lights in the night.

The boys accepted Paisley and I as a couple, which was such a relief. I didn't really know what to expect from them. We had made a deal to have no girlfriends, so I thought that they would be against the idea of us together. Thankfully, I was wrong, and I couldn't be happier about that. There wasn't anything standing between my princess and I, well besides my career and the tour..

Brushing aside the negative thoughts bubbling in my head, I wrap my right arm around Paisley's waist as we watch the fireworks together. Best 4th of July, ever. There must be some firework show happening somewhere nearby because there's a bunch of explosives shooting up from the same general area. Pretty soon, the first finale of the show starts, and we all sit in awe of the beautiful midair explosions. Everyone is too focused on the fireworks to notice anything else, so I make my move.

I grab Paisley by the waist and turn her towards me and she looks at me with her now greenish gray eyes. She had told me before that her eyes changed colors, but it threw me a little off guard to actually witness it. "Woah, your eyes," I whisper to her, totally forgetting about the booming of the finale behind us.

"Yeah um they're weird, just like me," she giggles.

"Mhmm, but that's what I like about you."

"Keep on whisperin' in my ear, tell me all the things that I wanna hear," she sings softly with a huge smile spread across her adorable little face.

"Cause it's true, that's what I like about you," I finish for her. She laughs a little bit and gently taps the tip of my nose with her index finger. "Babeeee, come here. You've left me kiss deprived today," I say with a fake pouting face.

"Oh, please. After that action by the car earlier, you should be satisfied for a day or so," she jokes.

"And? Daddy Ashton wants more, so are you going to be a good girl, or not?" I smirk. It was quite entertaining with this whole kink thing, I was getting a kick out of it, and I'm sure that Paisley was too.

"Ash, not now. People are around," she muttered while glancing around to see our friends with their eyes glued to the sky above them.

"Just shut up and kiss me already," I beg. Acting like a couple for about 5 hours had been killing me inside, and I'm surprised I didn't just cave in before we told the boys. Paisley was like a bad addiction, but not a negative one. She was a good girl, at times, and she was everything you could ever want in a girl, and she always kept me wanting more.

She laughs, completely ignoring everyone and everything around us as she steps up onto her tiptoes and curls her hands around the back of my neck to bring my face down to hers. I inhale quickly and press my lips against hers, more aggressively than usual, but hey, I was a lovesick puppy, what could I do? I automatically feel bad, remembering what Ben did to her earlier, even though I don't have her pinned against a car and forcing her to kiss me.

With a guilty feeling, I pull away and she frowns at me. "Sorry.." I say shyly.

"For what, Ash?" She asks, the confusion prevalent in her voice.

"For kissing you like that. It's like the way Ben did it, and I feel bad. I'd never want to corner you like that and force something onto you like that. I didn't mean to kiss you so hard," I tell her. The first finale finishes and more random fireworks shoot off in the distance.

"Are you serious right now? That was nothing like what Ben did! He kissed me, and I didn't want him to. With you, it's different. I always want to kiss you, but I decide that it's better to not sometimes," she says as she gnaws on her bottom lip without even noticing. She's formed a bad habit now, but it's so damn attractive.