Chapter 60- New Start

Alyssa's POV

"MIKEYYYYY! Move over, you dork!" I shouted at Michael, who was currently hogging up three quarters of the couch.

Fortunately, Michael had allowed me to spend the night at his house. Oh my gosh. EEEK. First of all, I'm at Michael Clifford's house. Second of all, now I get to sleep over at his house!?! Best day ever..

Mikey had generously lent me one of his old tees and a pair of basketball shorts to sleep in. Now, we were going to finish one last episode of Vampire Diaries before bed.

Before I knew it, the show was over. I'm sure it was beyond midnight, possibly even closer to one in the morning. Michael had turned the television off like 3 minutes ago, so now the room was filled with a sleepy silence that neither of us broke for a couple more moments until he got up. Like a gentleman, he offered me his hand to pull me up off the couch, and I reluctantly accepted. I didn't want to get up.. I was perfectly comfy just the way I was, but then again, I get comfy just about anywhere.

My eyes were begging to be shut, but my body felt wide awake from the touch of Michael's hand holding mine. Wait. What. He's. Holding. My. Hand. Michael Clifford is holding my hand. I shall never wash this hand again and I will treasure this moment for the rest of my life. This is just as great, if not better, than when I met Ethan Dolan and he kissed my cheek.

Following Michael through the hallway, I dragged my feet, the sleepiness creeping upon me faster that I had a hoped and expected.  Before I knew it, Mikey turned around and scooped me up into his strong arms, my head positioned right in the nape of his neck. Attempting to not make things awkward like everything else in my life, I wrapped one arm around his back and threw the other across his other shoulder so we were in a hug type position you could say. Inhaling through my nose, I took in the light scent of vanilla. Mikey is so sweet, I just want to cuddle with him all day if I could, but of course, we all know that would never work. Especially tonight because I'm sure we won't even be sleeping in the same room since I'm a girl and he's a girl. It would also be weird because I'm just weird so my presence there would just automatically make it awkward. See? I think I just weirded myself out with that..

I feel Michael turn into what I'm assuming is a bedroom, and as I slightly open my eyes, I find that my guess was correct. I don't remember this room from before when we were at the party, so this must be a guest room. I smile to myself, thinking that bedtime is finally coming.

Mikey's POV

Aww, Alyssa looks like a sweet, innocent kitten when she's tired. Gently setting her down on the bed, I smile to myself as her arms slide off my shoulders as she dramatically flops onto the bed with a groan and a giggle. She's just like a little kid. Maybe we had too much sugar.. well too late to change that decision. She instantly slips under the covers and pulls them almost up to her shoulders and then she sweetly smiles at me, her deep dimples on display of that beautiful face of hers. Alyssa truly was a beauty, in every single way. There was nothing about her that you couldn't love, even her occassional awkwardness.

Not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable, I pat the side of the bed and tell her goodnight before I make my way out of the room. Now that I think of it, I'm pretty exhausted myself. Entering my room, I fall onto my bed with an exasperated sigh. Alyssa really was beautiful. She was everything a guy could ever want in a girl. In my eyes, she was perfect, even though she would never see it. Despite the fact that I'm 5SOS, she would probably never give me the time of day because she could do so much better than me. Well, I guess I have no shot with her. Maybe I should just sleep on it.

I rolled onto my back once the drawn curtains couldn't contain the seeping sunlight anymore and it now poured onto my face. Ugh.. I hate the sun in the morning. The eerie silence that filled the house was strange since the boys were usually home, which meant the house was always chaotic. Ashton was with Paisley in San Diego, Luke took Paula to the mall or something, Calum went to "hang out" with Adrianna, and I was here with Alyssa.