Chapter 17

Europe was beautiful,we were staying in Paris to be exact,the city of love and romance...not in my case.In my case it will be a slight heartbreak telling him about the...break...split...ugh,I dont know what to call this.But it makes sense to do it in my mind.It was day 2 in Paris,yesterday was spent unpacking and an uncomfortable silence.I woke up,and stared at Darik,sleeping soundly on the floor.Yeah,thats right,he has the nerve to ask the employees for sheets and blankets,to make himself a bed on the floor.Yeah,my plan makes plenty sense now.I woke up,and did my bathroom stuff,and came out for another day in Paris.I was wearing white skinny jeans,black heels,and a black top,that had sleeves up to my elbows,and it had fake rips,which showed white lace under the shirt,and studs.I avoided Darik and walked to the rental car Master had sent us.But before I could get into the car,my phone went off.I picked up without looking at the name of the person.

"Hello?"I asked,more like a question.

"Heyyy Elizabeth."Said Evan,playfully.

"Okay,why are you calling me and how did you in the world get my number,and why are you being so nice?"I asked,with a grin on my face,for some reason I liked talking to Evan now.

"Oh wow,in a hurry arnt we?"He said,sounding like a business man in his 50s.

"Yes,im hungry,we are on different times here,I need my breakfast."I said,unlocking the car and getting in.

"Sorry,but I just wanted to see how you were,and speaking of how you are,how are you and Darik,and hows Paris?"He asked.

My mouth opened from shock."I-im sorry,how did you know we were in Paris?"I said thinking about how I was making it a dead giveaway since I said,different times.

"Ive known  since the plan was made,im the most trusted guard after all."He said,proudly and with mock.

"Yeah,and your also a traitor."I said,rolling my eyes and thinking of which diner I should go to.

"We shouldnt  bring that up,I have to go,ill call later."He assured me,I hinted a smile at the other end.

"Yeah,talk to you later."I said,pulling up to a family diner,only a few minutes away from the hotel.

Jeeze,Evan was acting more like a boyfriend than Darik was...thats when I started dwelling on Darik,the whole breakfast.Should I ask him?It might put us in more jeopardy,I know I was happier when we were just friends,but we are mates,we are meant to be,I love him,but,I dont know anymore.He is just not acting like he wants us to be together.I paid for the breakfast and went outside,and drove back home,listening to the English radio.I walked upstairs with a muffin for Darik in hand.I unlocked the door and saw him on the balcony,just staring into space.He glanced my way and our eyes met for a moment.I saw anger and pain,but he went back to staring into the distance.I put everything down and went outside and stood a feet apart from him.I sighed.

"Darik,we need to talk."I said,seriously,thinking it was time.

He nodded for me to go on and I did.

"I dont like you acting like this with me,we have been officially dating,not even a week,you almost cheated on me on the first day and then this comes up and you have been holding a grudge for days!I think that we should distance eachother for awhile,we can still be together and be boyfriend and girlfriend but maybe we should just stay apart for awhile,until this time passes.Or until you can forgive me for whatever the hell I did and I can forgive you for putting me through this."I said confidently,getting slightly mad from him acting like I wasnt even there.

I waited minutes for his answer,he seemed deep in thought.

"I want to break up."He said,looking at me the first time in a few days.

"What?"My voice cracking and tears summoning.

"Yeah,we are not compatible...we had too many problems in not even a span of a week."He said,stating the obvious.

"Bu-but,you really want to see other people,and you wont get jealous of me seeing other people too?"I said,a tear falling,when I thought about Darik with his ex.

"I will try my hardest,this probably wont be forever Elizabeth,I still love you."He said,restoring my hope.

"I love you too,thats why I didnt want to fully break up,if you love me why do you want to see other people?"I asked,letting the tears flow.

"Because,we have alot of problems,and I just want to know if our love is enough to go through with this and not be in a happy relationship with someone else."He said,truthfully,and that hurt.

"Yeah,okay."I said,walking away.

I watched Darik take his suitcase and start putting everything inside.

"Where are you going?"I asked,suddenly alert.

"We arnt together,therefore it doesnt matter to you anymore.And I cant stay in the same hotel room as you and you know that."He said,acting like it was no big deal.

"Your going to go fight arnt you?"I asked,anger in my tone.

"Yeah,I need to help."He said,annoyingly,walking out the door after zipping his suitcase closed.

I put my hands in my hands and broke down,crying like a waterfall.Soon I cried myself to sleep.

The vampires were fighting,Master was nowhere to be seen and Darik was coming in with his suitcases,determined to spring into battle,but he had to find his father first,surely he was fighting someone.He avoided everyone and found himself looking in the last place he would think his dad would be,trapped in his own dungeon.A powerful vampire tackled Darik from nowhere and touched hs skin with silver,slowly lodging it in.1 by one,while Master cried for it to stop,Darik could say nothing,suddenly he went limp,like a lifeless body.

"Darik!"I cried,and jolted up,being assured it was a dream.

I breathed in and out a couple of times before noticing I was sweating so much that my covers were wet.There was still light outside and I glanced at the digital clock on the bedside table.It read 4:45.I got up and combed my hair,and walked outside to the balcony,looking at the beautiful view.Thinking about Darik's warm hands on my waist,and him pulling me into his hard chest.I missed him already.This is going to be a long few weeks.