Cupid For a Day

"WHAT?!" I heard Cindy and Ariana yell from down the hall as I ran away.

I just told them about hanging out with Ben knowing that they would find it very.... surprising I guess. Now, I am running away from them to the tourney field.

"Come back here", I heard Ariana yell.

"Or at least slow down.", Cindy said.

I started walking slowly to the field's bleachers which were right in front of the field. I saw Jay and Carlos walk out with the rest of the team and I just smiled. Carlos looked very out of place with the giant uniform hanging from his shoulders. Jay just looked very comfortable in the uniform, but his stance looks very uncomfortable. Looks like these two sure don't know how to fit in. I looked out to the other guys and saw Ben. He was talking to one of his teammates. I guess Ariana was right, he does look good in his jersey. I wouldn't know since I never come to any one of their games. Sports just isn't my thing.

I heard footsteps trail on the bleachers and I looked over to see Ariana and Cindy walking over towards me out of breath.

"You could've... at least.... waited.", Ariana said.

I laughed at the both of them. "Guys, it's not even that far of a walk, let alone run."

"You know I'm not good at running laps in P.E. Heck I can run a circle in the gym. Why would you put me through this monstrosity?", Cindy said dramatically, wiping imaginable sweat from her forehead.

"Yeah, whatever Drama Queens. It's your fault for hounding me like you guys were dogs and I was your bone."

I took out my sketchpad and started drawing like I always do during free period.

"We wouldn't have to chase you if you would tell us what happened between you and Ben.", Ariana said, crossing her arms.

"Nothing happened. We're just friends.", I said, looking down at my sketchpad.

"Then why can't you tell us?", Cindy asked.

"Because their practice is starting and I want to watch.", I said, pointing my pencil out to the sea of boys on the field.

That's when the coach guy blew his whistle and practice started. 

"So you can see Ben?", Ariana asked.

In response I rolled my eyes and just kept looking at the field.

"Jay, Ben, offense!", the coach said, pointing to the both of them. They walked to the opposite side of the field they were already on.

When Ben started running to the other side he looked at the bleachers and waved at me. Of course, the polite thing to do was wave back and smile. So, that's what I did. I could see Jay glaring at him from here. He was failing at trying to not make it so obvious.

"Chad you're defense!", the coach yelled to Prince Charming Jr., that's just my little nickname for him. 

I looked at Carlos and saw he didn't have his helmet on and looked like a little lost puppy.

"HEY YOU, LOST BOY!" Carlos turned around and looked at the coach dumbfounded. "PUT YOUR HELMET ON AND GET OUT OF THE KILL ZONE!"

Carlos quickly moved out of they way, still looking confused. After that the coach blew his whistle and everything just happened very quickly. Jay was taking everyone out one by one and I could tell they were all too scared to even get up off the ground. This doesn't really surprise me. Jay is perfect at stealing everything, sometimes without even realizing it himself. Even if it was a small little ball he would steal it before anyone else got their hands on it.