Meeting the O' Neals

After dinner, which was just Ramen Noodles, Maggie and Sue walked over to meet their other neighbors. Maggie loved the sound of the leaves crunching under her feet. Sue rung the doorbell and all the sudden the door swung halfway open because of the chain lock. All Maggie could see was half a face looking out the door. The person said "what" with fear. Sue then started to say "um- hello I'm Sue and this is my daughter Maggie. We're the new neighbors nice to meet you." Sue went to shake the woman's hand, even with the door still chain locked. The woman said, with still a hesitated and terrified voice, "My names Peggy O'Neal and my husbands name is Patrick. But we won't be around for much longer. We're moving tomorrow." "May I ask why?" said Sue. Peggy then said, " they touch you, the grab you, and I've seen them come out of your house. They're cold and dark. Save yourself while you still can." She then quickly slammed the door. "But-" Sue said before she could ask "what's cold? Why should I save myself?" "Alrighty then, well Maggie back to the house." Maggie was scared to enter the house. She hesitated when she got to the stairs that led to the door. She then ran up the stairs and into the house, like she was being chased. Sue said "Maggie what are you doing?" I- I'm just a little scared of the house..." Maggie said. "Oh for crying out loud Maggie, GHOSTS. ARE. NOT. REEEEAL." Maggie didn't like being talked to like she was a baby. "It's getting late Maggie, go up stairs and get ready for bed." said Sue. Maggie went up stairs, causally this time, and went into the bathroom. She went to brush her teeth and brush her hair. Maggie didn't like how old the bathroom looked. It was cold and a bit moldy in the corners. The bathtub was above ground. Maggie went to look into the mirror to go and brush her teeth. She then spit into the sink and when she looked back into the mirror, for a split second, the mirror became completely black. But nothing else in the bathroom did that. Maggie thought it was the lights but the lights were on the whole time. She finished brushing her teeth and hair without seeing the black again, got into her night gown, and then walked towards her room. The attic was in the hallway. The string that was there to pull down the stairs was swinging back and forth. Maggie thought that it was because it was windy. She opened the window in the hallway and it was extremely still outside. Maggie then finally got into her room and tucked herself into bed. Tomorrow was her first day at her new school. She wasn't sure if she was all excited about this.