Sunday

Maggie woke up Sunday morning feeling very sick. She felt cold yet she was hot, she was sweating and shivering, and her throat was very sore. Maggie almost thought this was because of all the black smoke she breathed in. She went down stairs into the kitchen to find another note, this time on the fridge. It said "Maggie, had to work today honey I'm sorry. I'll be home around 5pm. Love you lots, Mom." Maggie opened a cabinet after reading the note to get some tea mix. She drank the tea and immediately started feeling better. She could actually talk now. But, she was home alone so there really was no one to talk to. She just felt very groggy throughout the day. She just didn't feel like doing anything. All Maggie did was some of her leftover homework and watch tv. She went to bed early that night. She fell asleep watching tv at 4:30pm. It was a half an hour before Sue comes home. As Maggie was fast asleep, she started to dream. But, it wasn't a pleasant dream. It was a nightmare. She dreamed about a large black fog taking over her body. She could feel the coldness coursing through her veins. She felt dead inside. She felt possessed. Maggie didn't even feel like herself anymore. She woke up screaming and saw her mom shaking her screaming "MAGGIE MAGGIE WAKE UP!" It was 1am. Maggie felt embarrassed. "I'm so sorry mom. I didn't mean to wake you up." It's alright" Sue said, "it's not like I was gonna sleep anyways. I just haven't been able to lately." They hugged each other and then Sue went back to her room. Maggie fell back to sleep crying. She was able to feel her pillow sticking to her face due to her sobbing. She was so frightened and wasn't ready to go to school tomorrow.