Chapter 4

I didn't notice how much time had passed until I checked my phone when I got a text.

"Oh..." I said, bewildered. "It's half nine already?"

The Spaniard raised an eyebrow. "Really? Then again, we made it through both of our homework for all our subjects."

"Damn. That was easier than I expected it to be..." I laughed.

"I think it's because we were together!" Toni smiled. "Oh, that is if you don't mind my saying."

I let out a long sigh as I stretched. "Don't worry about it, Toni." I said. "And, uh, sorry for screaming at you, by the way."

"Don't worry about it, Lovino." Toni laughed.

For a moment, we sat in silence. Complete, comfortable, understanding silence, until it was broken by my stomach growling.

"Damn. I didn't eat, did I?" I laughed.

"Me neither." Toni pouted.

Stretching again, I stood up and neatly tidied my stuff. I thought for a second, before walking down to the kitchen.

"I'll cook for us." I smiled. Why was I being so nice? "I hope you don't mind having pasta, I'm craving."

"Anything goes, at this point. Also, I heard you're good at cooking so I'm good with anything."

Smiling, I threw on a tomato print apron and began cooking pasta. Our kitchen was nice, unlike some other Uni's I had seen, the paint was still firmly on the wall, and the place had a lot of windows to let smell and heat out. Also, the place was kept relatively clean, as everyone in the corridor was pleasant enough.

Eventually, I finished cooking and brought two plates of pasta back to the dorm. After giving Toni his plate, I immediately devoured mine, and I was done in five minutes.

"I heard right!" Toni beamed.

"What are you talking about?" I said irritably. Why was he always so vague?

"I mean, this is amazing. And also you finished that fast!"

"Yeah, well, I was hungry." I muttered, taking my plate and washing it up. I walked over to the fridge-freezer and opened the door, pulling out the bottom drawer to see... Nothing.

"Who the fuck ate my ice cream!?" I screamed, promoting a fit of laughter from Toni and multiple 'shut ups' from people in the corridor. Striding back to the dorm, I saw a head poke out from the dorm a few doors down. I recognized the person as Arthur Kirkland, a pleasant British guy who defiantly had the 'punk rocker' sort of look.

His blonde hair had a blue fringe, he had piercings on his lips, ears, eyebrows, and I don't think I'd ever seen him wearing anything but black skinny jeans and a band tee.

"It was Alfred, by the way." He laughed, before throwing on a handbag and walking out of the building. Sighing, I made my way back inside.

"Did you solve the mystery of the missing ice cream?" The Spaniard giggled.

"Artie told me it was Al." I replied.

"Oh, that's the American kid, right?" Toni asked.

"Yeah." I answered, before letting out a long yawn. "Ah shit, doing a triple degree is really getting to me now."

"Wait, you're doing a triple degree?" Antonio asked, surprised.

"Yeah, bastard. Philosophy, Performing Arts and Fine Art."

"Wow, you're actually pretty smart, aren't you? I'm doing a double degree, Philosophy and Musical Arts."

"Music, huh?" I said. "Do you play?"

"Yup! Guitar." Toni beamed with pride. "Acoustic, though. Would you like to see?"

I smiled, putting my cheek in my hand and laying down on my bed.

"Hit me."

Antonio smiled, going to the corner of the room and picking up a guitar case. Out of it he pulled a beautiful wooden guitar kept in pristine condition. It was obvious that the strings had been changed a couple of times, and so had the pick. Toni obviously cared for the guitar. Slowly but surely, the Spaniard began to play a deep, rich melody, one I recognized as an Italian song. Smiling, I opened my mouth to sing, before reconsidering. Pushing regret and pride aside, I sung along to the guitar, not even caring about the fact that a pink tinge was creeping onto my cheeks.

Eventually, the song finished and I stopped singing. The Spaniard looked at me with a smile on his face and I just gazed back, not really wanting to break the silent bliss.

"You have dimples." I stated blankly.

"Are you staring at me?" Toni teased.

"I don't know, Antonio. It's late and my head hurts." I sighed, lying back on my bed. "Can I get a shower first?"

"Knock yourself out." Came the reply.

"Thanks." I said, grabbing some trackie bottoms and a tank top in form of pyjamas. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, changed into my pyjamas then brushed my hair in way of a night routine. Exiting the bathroom, I slid under the covers of my bed and checked the time.

"It's going on eleven." I mumbled as I set my alarm for the morning.

"Yeah." Toni said as he came out from the shower dressed in a yellow tank top and yellow pyjama bottoms.

"Cute. That's the Spanish flag colours." I mumbled.

"Did you just call me cute, Lovi?"

"No, but you just called me Lovi." I shot. "In fact... call me Lovi if you want."

"Why are you being so nice?" Toni laughed.

"It's late and I'm tired and when I'm tired I'm empathetic." I sighed, before turning to face the wall.