Chapter 15 - Dueling Club

Isabelle's POV
I was in the bathroom with Harry, Ron and Hermione. Harry and I explained the whole thing about what happened last night in the Hospital Wing.

"Again? You mean, The Chamber Of Secrets has been opened before?" Hermione asked.
"Of course. Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must have opened it when he was at school here. Now, he's letting Draco doing it again." said Ron.
"Maybe. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to make sure." said Hermione.

"And don't lie me. Why are we brewing this in broad daylight in the middle of the girls laboratory. Won't we all get caught?" Ron said.

"No. No one ever comes in here." I said, remembering the day I met someone here when I was 7.
"Why?" Ron asked.
"Moaning Myrtle." Hermione replied.

"Who?" Ron asked again.
Then I saw Myrtle coming out. I think Hermione saw her too.

"Moaning Myrtle." Hermione and I said.
"Who's Moaning Myrtle?" Ron asked again.

"I'm Moaning Myrtle!" She snapped at Ron. Then she flew to the middle of the bathroom.

"I wouldn't except you to know me. Who would ever talk about agony, weeping, miserable Moaning Myrtle." she said.
She squealed and went back to her toilet.
"Oh, Myrtle." I said.
"She's a little sensitive." Said Hermione.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, we're in the Great Hall, there was a long table in the middle of the room. Gryffindor and Slytherin were all there.

We all gathered around and said Lockhart, standing on the table. Maybe this is my chance to use my mind.

Dad, last night I heard the voice again.

He didn't reply back.

"Gather around. Can you all see me?! Can you all heard me?!" Lockhart exclaimed.

"Good. In light of the Dark events for some weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I, myself have done on countless occasions. You will have my details if you read my published work." he said.

He's such a thick head. I thought.

I agree with you there, Belle.

Dad?

Hey, sweetie. You told me you heard the voice again?

Yeah. The chamber has been opened.

Ah...I don't know anything about that.

I sighed.

"Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape." Lockhart introduced. Snape came up, casually.

"He has sportingly agreed to help me with this demonstration. Now, none of you worry. You'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him." said Lockhart.

Yeah, like he'll beat you like hell. I thought. And Dad heard.
He chuckled at that. We're talking into our minds right now.

Snape and Lockhart faced each other. They did their standing positions and bowed. They walked a distance away from each other.

"1,2,3," Lockhart said.

"Expelliarmus!" Snape said.

He cast the spell and it hit Lockhart.

I knew it. I thought.

Never doubt Snape, Belle.

"Do you think he's alright?" Hermione asked.

"Who cares." Ron and I said, in unison.

"An excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but mind me saying it was pretty obvious what you were about to do. If I wanted to stop it would have been to easy." Lockhart said.
"I would have been better to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells." said Snape.

Lockhart was speechless.