Chapter 21 - Belle's Missing?!

Harry's POV
Last night we went to Hargid's Hut, he told us to follow the spiders. And we did.
Belle said that she's going to meet us there, but she never came. I was worried about her. Ron and I decided to go the Dark forest. That's where we meet Aragog, the spider.

He told us Hargid was innocent. He never opened the Chamber of Secrets.
Later this morning, Belle's not anywhere around the castle.

Ron and I started to look for her, until I saw Neville, crying. He sniffed and wiped his tears.
"Neville, why are you crying?" Ron asked.

"Haven't you heard? Belle's missing, since last night." he replied.

My eyes widen at that. 

"What?!" Ron exclaimed.

"She's missing. No one has seen her." said Neville.

Ron and I started to look for her again. Calling out her name, but it was no use.
We decided to go and visit Hermione. Hoping Belle will be there.

As we walked in, Hermione was there, but no Belle.
I sighed and placed the flowers into a new vase.

"Wish you were here, Hermione. If you were here, you would know what to do." I said.
Now that Belle's gone. No one will be there to cheer us up.

I looked Hermione's hand and noticed a piece of paper. I grabbed it and uncrumpled it.

"What's that?" Ron asked.
"Ron, This is why Hermione was in the library the day she was attacked. Come on." I said.

Ron and I got out of Hospital Wing.

"With the enemy fearsome beasts that roam our land there's nothing deadly then the Basilisk. Capable for living for hundreds of years instant death is for anyone who meets this giant serpents eye. Spiders flee before it." I read the paper.

"This is it. The Monster in the Chamber is a Basilisk. That explains why I can hear it speak. It's a snake." I added.
"But if it kills by looking people in the eye, why is no one is dead?" Ron asked.

I slowly looked at the mirror, across from us.

"Because no one did look it in the eye. Not directly at least." I said Then we walked further more.

"Collin saw it through the camera. Justin must have seen the Basilisk through Nearly Headless Nick. Nick got a full blast of it, but he's a ghost, he couldn't die again, and Hermione had the mirror. I bet you anything she was using it to look behind corners in case it came along." I said.

"And Mrs. Norris? I'm pretty sure she didn't have a camera or a mirror, Harry." said Ron.

"The water. There was water on the floor that night. She only saw the Basilish's reflection." I said.

I walked to the flame, so I could read more of the paper.

"Spiders flee before it. It all fits." I said.
"Then how has it been getting around? If it was a great snake, I bet someone would have seen it." said Ron.

"Hermione has answered that too." I said, showing him the answer.
"Pipes?! It's using the plumbing." said Ron.

"Remember what Aragog said about that girl 50 years ago? She died in a bathroom...what if she never left?" I said.
Ron's eyes widen.

"Moaning Myrtle."
I nodded.

"All students are to return to their house at once. All teachers to the second floor corridor immediately." McGonga;; said over an intercom.

Ron and I ran to the second floor corridor

"As you can see the Heir of Slytherin has left another message. Our worst fear has been realized. Two students has been taken by the monster and into the Chamber itself." said McGongall.

Two? I thought.

"Students must be sent home. I'm afraid this is the end of Hogwarts." McGongall added.
"So Sorry, dozed off What did I miss?" Lockhart asked.

"One girl has been snatched by the monster and the other girl has been kidnapped, Lockhart. You moment has come at last." said Snape.

"M-My moment." said Lockhart.

"Weren't you saying last night that you knew where the opening to the Chamber of Secrets is?" said Snape.

"Then it's settle. We'll leave you to deal with the monster the, Gilderoy. You're skills after all are legendary." said McGongall.

"Very well. I'll be in my office...getting ready." said Lockhart.

"Who is it that the monster has taken, Minvera?" asked Pomfrey.
"Ginny Weasley."

Ron and I got our eyes widen.

"And what about the other one?" Pomfrey asked.
"Isabelle Chan."

My heart shattered at that.
"We already notify Shang. He's coming with his clan. To retrieve his daughter back." said McGongall.

"Their skeleton will lie in the Chamber forever....."

"Ginny....Belle." Ron whimpered.