Chapter 23 - Belle and Ginny

Harry's POV
Mei and I entered the chamber. I noticed a body.

"Ginny." I ran up to her and kneeled beside her.

"Ginny. Please don't be dead. Wake up." I said.
Mei started to put her two fingers on Ginny's neck.

"Is she?" I asked.

"No, her pulse is faint." she replied.
"Wake up, Ginny." I said.

"She won't wake." a voice said. Mei and I looked ahead.

I recognize that man. "Tom. Tom Riddle. What do you mean she won't wake?" I asked.
"She's still alive, but only just." he said.

"Are you a ghost?" I asked.

"A memory. Reserved ina diary for 50 years." he said.

I touched Ginny's hand. And I started to look around for Belle.

"She's as cold as ice. Please, Ginny wake up. You've got to help us. Help us find Belle. And there's a Basilisk." I said.

"It won't come until it's called." said Tom.

I noticed Tom had my hand. Mei also noticed.

"Give me my wand, Tom." I said.

"You won't be needing it." said Tom.
"You don't understand. We got to save Ginny and Belle." I said.

"I'm afraid I can't do that. You see as poor Ginny grows weaker, I grow stronger. As for Belle....she'll watching the scene." he said.

It suddenly hit me.

"It was Ginny Weasley who opened the Chamber Of Secrets." said Tom.
"No. She couldn't." I said.

"It was Ginny who sent the Basilisk on the mudbloods and Filtch's cat. Ginny was the one who wrote the threatening messages on the walls and she was the one who brought Belle to me." he said.

"Why?" I asked.
"Because I told her to. I find I can be very persuasive. Not that she knew what she was doing. She was in a trance. Still the power of the diary began to scare her. She tried to dispose of it in the girls bathroom and the who should find it, but you. The very person who I was most anxious to meet." said Tom.

"And Why do you want to meet me?'' I asked.
"I knew I had to talk to you. Meet you if I could so I decided to show you my capture of that brainless oaf Hagrid whom you trust." Tom said.

"Hagrid's my friend! And you framed him, didn't you?" I said.
"It was my way against Hagrid's. Only Dumbledore seemed to think he was innocent." said Tom. And I felt like Mei disappeared somewhere.

"I bet Dumbledore saw right through you." I said.

"He certainly kept an annoyingly close watch on me after that. I knew it wouldn't be safe again to open the Chamber again while at school, so I left behind a diary. Reserving my 16 year old self in the pages hoping that one day I would be able to lead another hoping to finish Salazar Slytherin's Noble Work." he said.

"You haven't finished it this time. In a few hours, the Mandrake draft is ready and everyone who is petrified will be all right again." I said.

"Haven't I told you? Killing Mudbloods doesn't matter to me anymore. For many months now my new target has been you and Belle." he said.

"Why am I your target? What's Belle got to do with this anyway?" I asked, glaring at him.
He smirked.

"Isabelle Chan, daughter of Sophia and Shang Chan. I ordered one of my members to kill her and her Clan. For a reason, I want her mother dead as soon as possible. So, my death eaters had killed her, except her, her father and her clan. As for you....how is it that a baby with the most extraordinary power was able to defeat the greatest wizard of all time. How did you escape with nothing but a scar and Lord Voldemort's powers were destroyed." he said.