Chapter 16 - You're a Paselmouth?

Isabelle's POV
Right now, we followed Harry to the common room.
"You're a Parselmouth. Why didn't you tell us?' Ron asked.
''I'm a what?" said Harry.

"You can talk to snakes." said Hermione.
"I know. I mean, I accidentally set a python on my cousin once. At least I think it was me, but so what. I bet lots of people here can do it." Harry said.

"No, they can't. It's not a very common gift, Harry. This is bad." I said.
"What's bad. If I hadn't told that snake not to attack Justin." he said.

"That's what you said to it?" Ron said.

"You were all there. You all heard me." said Harry.

"No, Harry. We all heard you speaking Paseltongue. Snake language." I said.
"I spoke a different language? But I didn't recognize it. How can I speak a language without knowing I can?" Harry asked.
"I don't know, Harry. But it sounded like you were egging the snake or something. Harry, listen to me. There's a reason the symbol of Slytherin house is a serpent." Hermione said.

"Salazar Slytherin was a Parselmouth. He can talk to snakes too." I continued for Hermione.

"Exactly, now everyone is going to think that you're his great-great-great grandson or something." Said Ron.

"But I'm not. I can't be." said Harry.

"He lived a thousand years ago. For all we know. You could be." Hermione said.
I sighed at that. Then it started to get an awkward silence, until Harry broke it.

"By the way, Belle. How is it that you can speak into my mind?" he asked.
"Eh? Oh um...it's a new ninja thing for me." I said as I rubbed my neck.
Harry and Ron's eyes wide, like in shock.

Hermione was in shock as well. I giggled nervously.

"So, you're saying that you can read minds and speak into it?" Ron asked.

I nodded.

"Wicked." he said. I couldn't help but smile.
"And that snake--" I cut Hermione off.
"Don't remind me. I mean, look at that snake. Look at the size of it."

"Belle, you're afraid of snakes?" Ron asked.

"Of course I am!" I exclaimed. "It gives me the creeps."

I'm starting to freak out.

"Okay, Belle, calm down. There's no snakes around here." said Harry.
I sighed out of relief. 

"Unless there's a snake in your room." he joked.

My eyes widen. "Hehehe....Kidding."
"Grr...Harry!" I exclaimed and we started to run around the common room.

Hermione's POV

Belle started to chase after Harry. Everytime Belle's with us. She sure knows how to make us smile.

"I'm going to punch you, Harry!" Belle shouted.
I giggled at that, because I know she wouldn't.

"Belle does know how to make us smile." Ron whispered to me.

I nodded and we watched Belle chasing Harry around.

Draco's POV

"Man! I didn't know Potter can speak Paseltongue." said Goyle.
"Yeah, he should have been sorted in Slytherin, instead of Gryffindor." said Crabbe.

I wasn't paying any attention to them. My mind went to Belle's. I couldn't get that image off of my head.
When she dueled Lockhart, without her wand. She used her...what's it called? Ninja Skills? Maybe that's it.

She's soo fast. But when I go against Potter, I thought I would impress her more. But it didn't work

"DRACO!"

"Huh?" I looked at my friends and gave me a weird look.

"What?'' I asked.
"We called your name like 10 times and you didn't answer." said Blaise.
"Well, what is it you want?" I asked.

"We were talking about Belle dueling Lockhart. And we were wondering what you do think?" asked Crabbe.
I sighed. "She did okay."

"She did okay?! Is that all you can say?! She was brilliant!!" Goyle exclaimed.
"Whoa, Goyle. Don't tell me you have a crush on Belle." said Blaise.

"Of course I do. I just don't know how to tell her." he said.
My eyes widen at that. 

Since when did he have a crush on her? I thought.

"I mean, Every guy in Hogwarts wants her to be their girlfriend." Goyle added.
"Well, I don't. I only see Belle as a sister. Even though, I don't talk to her." said Blaise

"Not only that, I heard Marcus and Wood has a crush on her as well." Crabbe said.
My eyes widen even more.

"Bloody hell, even though, I don't have a crush on Isabelle, I'm way out of her league." said Crabbe.
"Haha! So true, Crabbe. She would rather take someone else than you." said Blaise.

"Oh yeah! Like Who?!" he asked.

"Well, there's Diggory, Potter, Finnigan, Longbottom, The Weasley's and--" I cut Blaise.

"Can we please change the subject?!"
They all looked at me, weird.

"Alright, but I need to ask you something, Draco." said Blaise.

"Then what?" I asked.

"Are you jealous?" he asked.

I went quiet. Am I jealous? All these boys wants Belle. But I want her.

"That's it! I'm going to bed." I said and stormed off.

As I went into my room, I plopped my face into my pillow.
Then I turned my head and saw the necklace that I had. It was hanging at the night stand. I sat up and held it in my hand. It's a locket but it doesn't have a picture yet.

I sighed and looked at the initials.

D.L.M + I.S.C

I hope Belle will realize that I really really like her.
I thought.