Chapter 7

This is my second day with Hayden and I have to be honest. He's cool and fun to hangout with.

"When is your birthday?" I ask.

"April twenty sixth." He says. "When's yours?"

"June twelfth." I say, writing his birthday down.

"That's in like, a week and a half." He says.

"Yup." I nod.

"You don't turn eighteen until after graduation?"

"I'm already eighteen. I'm turning nineteen." I say.

"So you got held back or something?" He asks.

"Yeah. After my parents got divorced I stopped doing my work." I shrug.

He closes his journal. "Let's go do something."

"Like what?"

"Something fun." He says.

"What about the project?"

"We have a whole week." He says, rolling his eyes.

"Well what do you want to do?" I ask.

He stands up. "We could go back to my place and..." He smirks.

I stand up and smack his chest. He chuckles as he picks me up, throwing me over his shoulder. "Put me down!" I scream, punching his back.

He walks down the stairs, walking out the front door. Instead of setting me down, he slides me down his chest, holding my thighs against his side. I automatically wrap my legs around him, placing my hands on his shoulders. "Where are you gonna take me?" I ask.

"It's a surprise." He smiles.

"Can you put me down now?" I ask.

"Hmm." He hums. "Nope."

"Please." I say, sticking out my bottom lip.

He chuckles. "Only if you kiss me."

I frown. "Not gonna happen."

"Not even on the cheek?" He asks.

"No."

He sighs, setting me down. Just as I'm about to ask him if he's ready to go, he cups my cheeks before quickly leaning down and kissing me. I put my hand to his chest, gently pushing him away. "I can't..." I say.

"I'm sorry." He says, scratching the back of his neck as he takes a step away.

I glance at the door where my mom and Ryan are, watching us. My cheeks redden. "You should go. We can continue this after school tomorrow." I say.

"But tomorrow's Friday." He says.

"Would you rather do it on Saturday?" I ask.

"Fine. I'll be here." He sighs. "See ya."

I watch as he leaves on his bike then go inside, not making eye contact with them. "Sorry. I don't know why -"

"I don't care. As long as you're done with Owen. Just use protection - I'm not ready to be a grandma." My mom says before walking away.

My jaw drops as she disappears into the other room. I look at Ryan who looks irritated. I open my mouth to speak but he holds up his hand, stopping me. "I told you yesterday that I didn't think this was a good idea." He says. "Then you let this happen."

"I have to work on the project or else I'll fail. He asked me to kiss him and I said no. So he just kissed me." I say. "Don't be mad at me for something that isn't my fault."