Chapter 17

"Aria!" My mom yells.

I sit up, looking around my room. "What?" I growl when my eyes land on her.

Ryan is standing in the doorway and my mom is standing next to my bed. "What is this?" She asks, holding up the condom.

My cheeks redden slightly. "A gum wrapper?"

"I swear, if you're having sex in my house..."

"Don't worry, mom. The only one doing that is you." I snap.

She slaps me really hard across my cheek. "Heather!" Ryan yells, rushing over to her.

"I didn't mean to -"

"Just go." I say lowly.

"Aria, I -"

"Just go, Heather." Ryan demands.

She tosses the condom on my bed as she walks away. "Are you okay?" Ryan asks once she's gone.

I refuse to look at him. "I'm fine. Just get out." I say quietly.

I can't believe she actually hit me! "I had a dream last night." He says.

"I don't really care. Get out."

"There was this cute brunette in a little black dress. She kissed me." He says.

My eyes widen but he can't see me. "Good for you." I say.

"I'm beginning to think it wasn't a dream." He says.

I finally look up at him. "What do you want me to say? It was me? Well, there you go. It was me. Now go out there and be happy with my mom."

His fingertips brush against my cheek. "I'm sorry she did that to you."

"Please don't make this any harder on me than it already is." I sigh.

"I was mad. I just wish you would've told me."

"You said it yourself - you wouldn't have stayed with me if you would've known."

He squats down next to the bed and grabs my hand. "I think I'm in love with you." He says, looking down.

My lips part and I don't know what to say. "What about my mom?" I finally choke out.

"I'm leaving her. We were never really together." He says. "I'll explain everything later. Pack your bag and you can come stay with me."

"When are you leaving her?" I ask.

"Right now. So hurry up."

His lips crash into mine before he leaves the room. I am left both confused and breathless. I get up and quickly gather my things, throwing it into my suitcase. Once I have everything I need, I go downstairs and out the front door. Ryan's car is unlocked so I put my bag in the back seat where his bags are then sit in the passenger seat. Five minutes pass before he comes out. He climbs into the car and begins driving. "Everything okay?" I ask.

"She was pissed that I didn't stick to our agreement." He shrugs.

"Will you explain everything now?" I ask.

"When we get to my house." He says.

My nails dig into the palms of my hands in frustration but I wait until we get to his house. We carry our bags up to his room and he empties a few drawers. "You can put your stuff in here. We'll stay ere for about a week until I find a place of my own." He says. "That is if you want to be with me."

"Explain first." I say, impatiently.

"I will while you take care of your stuff." He nods to the dresser.