Chapter 8

"I can't believe this is the last day I'm gonna get to hangout with you." I say.

Hayden sits down on my bed next to me. "It doesn't have to be the last time. We can be best friends." He smirks.

"You're gonna wanna talk to me still after schools out?" I ask in disbelief.

"I guess." He shrugs. "You're pretty cool."

"You would be to if you'd stop trying to get in my pants." I say.

"Well, if you'd make it a little easier..." He sighs. "You wouldn't regret getting with me."

"The last guy I had something with - and I don't mean a relationship either - tried doing stuff to me when I didn't want him to. That's why I'm not friends with him anymore. You've already began going down that path with the whole kissing thing." I say.

"I can't help it. Your ass looks pretty good in them jeans and I won't even begin talking about your breasts." He smirks.

I roll my eyes, chuckling. "Do I even have a face?"

"You're really pretty but guys don't look at that kind of stuff."

"I'm flattered... I think." I add.

He chuckles. "You should be. You pretty hot but you need to put yourself out there more."

"For what?" I frown.

"So the guys will see you. Then you'll have a bunch of guys chasing after you." He smiles.

I gasp. "For your information, there are plenty of guys chasing after me."

"Sure." He says sarcastically.

"There is." I say insistently.

"Like who?" He challenges.

"Owen. You. And I'm kind of seeing someone." I say.

"You're seeing someone?" He asks, surprised. "You? Aria?"

I sigh. "Yes me."

"Well who is it?" He asks. "Do I know him?"

"No. He's older." I say.

"Damn. And I thought the princess didn't get around." He smirks.

"Some people like me." I chuckle. "Hard to believe, I know."

"He's lucky, you know." He says quietly.

"Well thank you." I smile.

"But I do think we should keep talking after school's out. Give me your phone." He says.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and hand it to him. He adds his name and phone number into my contacts before handing it back. "I should get going." He says. "I've got a few things to do before I go home."

"Alright. Well, I'll see you tomorrow." I say.

"For our second to last day of school." He smiles.

"Yes." I smile. "If you need anything when you're writing the paper tomorrow, just text me."

"Will do." He nods.

I walk him downstairs and he waves before driving off on his bike. After closing the door, I wander into the living room. "Where's Ryan?" I ask, sitting on the arm of the couch.

"Get off my couch like that." My mom snaps. "And he went to the bar with a few friends."

"Has everything been okay with you two?" I ask, not really caring.

"No." She frowns.

"Why? What's up?" I ask, curious now.

"I think he's cheating on me." She says, looking down at her glass of wine.