Chapter 9

Because my school is cheap, we have our graduation during our last day of school. We only have seventh period, which is English for me, then we go to the auditorium. Don't get me wrong, they're very nice but it's odd compared to what other schools do.

I wear a hot pink v-neck tucked in under my black form fitting pencil skirt. I do my makeup, taking more time than usual, then curl my hair, making sure each curl is perfect. I put in big diamond studs and a charm bracelet before going downstairs. Ryan is awake again, but today he sits at the table. On the center of the table is a small flat box, neatly wrapped in gold wrapping paper with a sparkly red bow sitting on top. "What's this?" I ask.

"Wow." He breathes. "You look stunning."

I grin. "Thanks. What's in the box?"

"Open it." He smiles.

Sitting down next to him, I grab the box. I remove the lid, revealing a necklace. On the silver chain is a heart with my name neatly engraved on the front. I flip it over and see a fancy letter 'R' carved on the back. I smile. "I love it. Will you put it on me?"

He nods, taking the necklace. I turn in my chair and carefully move my hair. After he puts it on, I look down at it. "Thank you so much." I say happily.

"You're welcome." He smiles.

I put my hand on his leg and lean forward, pecking his lips. "I really have to go but we can finish this later." I say, standing up.

"Don't you want a ride to school?" He asks, confused.

"Hayden's picking me up actually. Do you mind?"

He looks upset for a moment but pushes it away. "You're gonna ride on his bike in that?"

I chuckle. "He has his dad's car. Did you honestly think I'd let him ruin all of my hard work?"

"Would you let me?" He asks playfully.

"For the reasons you're thinking? Probably. But not for the hell of it." I smirk.

"I'll keep that in mind." He smirks, nodding his head.

I hear a honk outside so I rush upstairs, grabbing my paper. I run outside and get into his car. "Damn girl. How do you run in heels?" Hayden asks.

"Practice. Lot's of practice." I smirk. "Did you finish your paper?" I ask.

"Yeah. It's good. It's honestly the best thing I've ever written." He smiles.

I take a moment to look him over. He's wearing a nice black suit but no tie. "Why didn't you put a tie on?" I ask curiously.

"My mom could barely get me to wear this. You look great by the way." He says, glancing over at me.

"Thanks. You do too. You look very handsome." I say, patting his arm.

"Thanks. I wouldn't believe my mom but I'll believe you." He smirks.

I chuckle.

When we get to class, we each have to read our papers in front of the class. I didn't realize this or else I would've written some things differently...