Chapter 10

I open my door to get out but there's a pothole filled with water in the way. "What are you waiting for?" Hayden asks, walking around the car.

"I can't get these heels wet." I say, looking down at my feet.

"Do you want me to get you?" He asks, quietly chuckling.

I look at the driver side door. "I think I can crawl through." I say.

"Don't be stupid." He says. "You're in a skirt and heels. I'll get you."

He puts a foot on either side of the puddle and picks me up bridal style. I hook my arms around his neck and he kicks the door closed. "You're lucky you're skinny." He says.

"You're so sweet, you know that?" I smile.

He sets me down on the sidewalk and grins. "I know."

"Do I get one little kiss as a graduation present?" He asks, pulling me against his chest.

I bite my lip. "As long as you keep your tongue to yourself."

He smirks. "Deal."

I snake my arms around his neck, cocking my head to the side. "Why do you like me so much?" I ask.

"What makes you think I like you?" He asks with a small smile, his hands sliding back to my butt.

"Your determination to get with me." I say.

He gently squeezes my butt. "I'm trying."

"It's not working." I say.

He slightly tilts his head before his lips crash into mine. After a long moment, I pull away. "Congratulations." I say breathless.

He chuckles. "Congratulations to you, too."

"I hope you enjoyed that because that's the last thing you'll be getting from me." I say.

He let's me go, sighing. "Yeah, yeah. We'll see."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask.

"I guess you'll have to wait and find out." He smirks.

We go inside where his family is waiting. Once we're seated, Ryan and my mom show up. Ryan looks slightly pissed while my mom looks like her usual self. They sit across from us at the large round table and we order. "How did you two meet?" My mom asks Hayden.

"We had seventh period English together. We never talked until we were assigned as partners on a project last week." He says.

"They'd be a cute couple." Hayden's father says.

"I agree." My mom smiles.

"They sure would make some beautiful babies." Hayden's mom says.

I look down at my lap and blush. How awkward. Hayden leans towards me, his breath tickling my ear. "They have a point." He whispers.

I shiver as his hand rubs up my leg. His hand slips up my skirt, between my legs. I reach down to stop him but it's too late. As I feel him there, I look at him and he leans closer so his head is hiding my face. His fingertips brush against the fabric of my underwear, sending electricity shooting through my body. I lean my forehead against his shoulder and close my eyes. "I'm seeing somebody." I say, pushing his hand away.

He sits back in his seat and I look at him. "What he doesn't see won't kill him." He shrugs.

If only he knew he was sitting across the table. I stand up. "I'm gonna use the restroom." I say.

"I'll show you where it is." Hayden says, getting ready to get up.

I put my hand on his shoulder, pushing him down. "I know where it is. Thanks."