Chapter 20

A week passes and the texts and calls have stopped. Hayden and I grow closer, which scares me to death, but I really like him.

He took me out for dinner and now we're walking home. I smile when he puts his arm around me. "Thanks for dinner." I say, slipping my arm around him.

"No problem." He smiles.

We walk down the street in a comfortable silence. "Thanks for letting me stay with you too."

"I kind of like spending time with you." He smirks.

When he stops, he pulls me to his chest. He leans down and presses his lips to mine. My fingers slip around to the back of his neck, tangling in his hair. His teeth tug at my bottom lip before he pulls away. I can't help but smile. "I do, too." I say quietly.

I can't stop smiling as we walk home together. We go inside the house where it is silent. "My parents are gone." He says, keeping his eyes on me. "They won't be back until morning."

I nod as I make my way to his bedroom. When we get into the dimly lit room, he kisses my neck. His hand moves from my stomach up to my breast. I turn around and press my lips against his. Within a matter of seconds, we are in bed. He sits up and I watch him as he unbuttons his jeans. Once he's done, he pushes my dress up. He begins kissing along my jaw as he pushes my panties down.

We laughed a lot. Friendships don't change into something more that easy. We did it though, and now it's different. Not a good different but not a bad one either.

********************************

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"If I'm gonna get my own place soon, I'll need furniture." He says. "And I want a woman's opinion."

"You're gonna let me help pick your furniture?" I ask, surprised.

"I want you to be comfortable when you're laying on it." He smirks, glancing over at me.

I blush as I turn away. He goes to a store that I've never been to before. He puts his arm around me, slipping his hand into my back pocket. I do the same to him as we walk through the door. He takes me over to the bed sets and he smirks. "We'll be spending a lot of time here so choose wisely." He says, moving closer to my ear. "You'll be on your back most of the time."

I laugh quietly as I continue looking at the beds. "Can I help you find something?" A way too familiar voice asks.

"No we're -" Hayden says, turning around.

I don't want to turn around but I feel stupid already. Hayden and I let each other go and I slowly turn around. Ryan glances at me then looks back at Hayden. "If you need anything, just let me or Dylan know." He says, emotionless.

He walks away and I stand there in surprise. "You okay?" Hayden asks, gently rubbing my back.

"I'm fine." I say quietly.

"Do you wanna go?" He asks.

I shake my head. He continues looking around and I follow him quietly. I look around and see Dylan at the front counter playing on his phone. "I'll be right back." I say, walking away.

When I get to the counter, Dylan ignores me as he continues playing on his phone. I quickly grab it and hold it behind my back. "Hey!" He yells.

"Where's your brother?" I ask.

"As far away from you as possible." He says.

"Where is he?" I demand.

"In back. Give me my phone."