Chapter 12- So This is Goodbye

Niall's POV- 12:02 am:

Louis' words make me face reality. The boys and I are leaving on a flight to Texas in less than 12 hours, and Eva and I will have to say goodbye. Maybe for good. And the worst part is, she has no idea.

"Look mate, I don't want to break your heart here but if you don't go tell her then I'm going to have to." Louis makes himself very clear.

"No. I will go talk to her." I glance back at Eva who is staring at her phone on the other side of the room, out of earshot. She is probably texting Cameron and Amanda.

"You know that we are only looking out for you, right?" Louis has a truly sympathetic expression.

"Trust me, I'd know." Harry references to Avery from Toronto, although I could have sworn that her name was Audrey.

"Yeah. Just uh. Just, can you give Eva and I a minute?" I know that Eva and I just met less than 48 hours ago but I know that it will hurt to say goodbye to her. She's special. I have never met someone that I have liked so instantly. Our relationship almost reminds me of the Titanic, the movie. Jack, out of fate gets a ticket to sail on the ship of dreams and Rose just happens to be on that same ship. They meet, and instantly they have this connection. They're only together for a matter of days before the ship begins to sink, but they manage to fall in love in that short amount of time. I know it sounds crazy, but I think that Eva and I are just like Rose and Jack.

It's like it was fate that she got a concussion at the show, and that the boys and I were sent to check on her. But to be honest, sometimes I hate fate. Because right now I have to say goodbye to this amazing girl who I will most likely never see again. And all thanks to a magical force that we call "fate". But it turns out, it's not so magical after all.

You see, if it were magical, Eva and I wouldn't have to lose eachother right after we found one another.

Eva's POV- 12:09 am:

I start to get nervous as all the boys except for Niall exit the room in almost an orderly fashion, "What's going on?" I ask but Niall just takes my hand and sits me down on the couch, placing his body next to mine.

"Eva, I don't... We can't... The boys and I are leaving first thing in the morning to fly to Texas." Niall looks away from me, I'm assuming because he can't bear seeing my hurt reaction.

I honestly don't know what to say or what to think. Part of me is thinking logically, knowing that this was bound to happen. But another part of me wants to burst into tears and throw myself into Niall's arms. We both sit in silence for what seems like a minute or two, but then I force myself to say something, "Well, what should we do? Do you want to keep in touch or..."

"Yes, of course. We can text eachother and maybe skype on nights I have off. Eva, I don't want to lose you." Niall's eyes show a mix of fear and sadness.

"I don't want to lose you either." I grab his hand and hold it in my lap. My fingers start to tremble and Niall looks at me, concerned. 

"Eva, are you o--" Niall starts. 

Suddenly, my world turns to black.