Chapter 10

Tommy essentially dragged me to my house. As soon as I put my hand in the door my mum came to the door and opened it.

"I wasn't expecting you home yet, Poppy." She said. "Who is this?" She asked looking sternly at Tommy.

He put on his biggest, most fake smiles and said "I'm Tommy Simpson."

"Oh hello, I'm Louise. Are you two friends or..?" She asked tentatively.

"Oh yes, Poppy is my girlfriend and I love her dearly." Said Tommy. I could have vomited at both Tommy's sickly word choice and the anticipation of what my mothers next action would be.

She did a double take and said "I thought we discussed this. No dating."

"I'm 16 now, I'm old enough to make my own decisions." I said, crossing my arms.

"No, as long as you live under my roof you do as I say." She said. "I'm not happy about this." She walked back into the kitchen, presumably to tell dad.

"I think you should go." I said to Tommy.

"Are you in a huff with me? I didn't know that they would act like this." He said defensively.

"I did say but you didn't listen." I snapped.

"Don't be angry at me it's not my fault your parents hate you." He said, slamming the door as he left.

I burst into tears and ran up to my room, bumping into Caleb on my way.

"What's your problem?" He said as I shoved past him and slammed my bedroom door.

I lay on my bed and I cried and cried. By the time I had finished I couldn't cry any more, I felt numb. And angry. I felt angry at mum, dad but especially Tommy. It was his fault, I told him not to tell my parents and I told him why, and now because of him I would never see him again. Or anybody else for that matter.

I picked up my phone and found that he had texted and called me multiple times.

"Poppy, please. I'm sorry, I didn't know they'd act they way they did."

"Hello..? Listen my parents are fine with dating so I figured we'd be ok."

"Poppy please I've never been this sorry in my life. I love you."

"Do you need a place to stay for a while?"

"Please reply."

"I've said I'm sorry what more do you want?!"

"Poppy are you in a huff? Where are you?"

"I'm sorry."

I sighed and picked up my phone. "I'm at home, your apology is accepted and I love you too." I replied.

"Oh thank god. I was worried that you would run away or something. I was crying earlier when I couldn't get a hold of you." He said.

"It's not your fault, it's my parents. They're just really strict is all." I sighed and put my phone down.

My parents have always been strict, from what I wear to who my friends are, they say that it's because they love me, but they can't understand that sometimes they go too far, it has to stop.

***

Thanks for sticking around guys, hope you like this! ☺️💕