Chapter 18

Tommy knocked on the bathroom door impatiently. "Come ON! What is with girls and spending so long in the toilet?"

I unlocked to door. 

"Finally!" He said as I opened the door. "What were you doing taking a ba-" He paused and looked me up and down. His eyes bore into mine and suddenly my confidence disappeared.

"What is all that on your face? I thought I told you that I hate it when bitches look fake." Tommy glared at me.

"Well I don't put on makeup for you, I do it for me. It makes me feel pretty when I'm sad." I crossed my arms so tightly that I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, but still I refused to back down.

Tommy scoffed. "Well you look ridiculous, I'm not leaving the house with you looking like that."

He pushed past me to get into the bathroom. I walked away and said "Well don't leave the house with me at all. Maybe I'll just go to the shops on my own. Or better yet I'll go home."

The silence that filled the house was eerie. It only lasted a few seconds but it seemed much longer.

"What the fuck did you say?" Tommy said quietly. This filled me with terror. Tommy usually just shouted at me, but there was a certain time in his voice that made me more scared than I had ever been. I wanted to cuddle him and apologise and tell him I'd never leave, but I was frozen with fear. I couldn't speak. I couldn't move. I couldn't run.

"You wouldn't last a day without me. I pay for your house, your food, everything! You're ungrateful! I have done everything for you and you are just shoving that right back in my face!" He shouted. "Maybe I should have just ignored you when you were staring at me in science class. Or better yet, I could have dated you for a week and then left you. Then I wouldn't have this problem that I do now."

His words were like daggers. Every hurtful thing he said caused me physical pain but I tried my hardest to stand my ground.

"Is that all I am to you? A problem?" I shouted but I immediately regretted it as I saw Tommy raise his hand and slap me across my left cheek. Tommy wore a silver ring on his right hand that I felt cut open my cheek, it was small but it stung. Tears sprang to my eyes but I choked them back and walked as calmly as I could into the bedroom and sat down on the other side of the door, so that he couldn't come in.

I touched my cheek and felt that the cut was only small and not deep at all, but I knew that Tommy left me with an emotional scar not a physical one. I would never trust him in the same way again.

***

Two updates in one night??? It must be Christmas.

Thanks for reading, this story is gonna be getting more intense to stay tuned 😉