Chapter 12

We had a normal and boring day at school, my mind was of course what would happen after school. If we were really doing this, and moving out, there was a lot to do and it was exiting but scary. Scary to think that we'll be independent and grown up, and scary because I was scared of what my parents would think.

Tommy had money, I had no idea his parents were so well off, and he said he would take care of me, meaning that I didn't need to worry about paperwork and the likes.

That day I received a note from my guidance counsellor to go to a meeting with him. So during second period - maths - I went to his office for a talk. This was standard procedure in our school, ever since the head teacher wanted to encourage us to be more open with our teachers so that they could help us, so I wasn't worried.

I sat down next to Mr Consington (not across from his desk but on a comfortable armchair near his desk chair) and he smiled.

"So Poppy, how are things with you?" He asked.

"Good I guess." I shrugged. I never cared for my guidance teacher, he never did do much to help me, so it's no secret that I don't particularly like him.

"Really Poppy?" He asked, continuously clicking his ballpoint pen. What a prick.

"Uhh yeah..?" I said with slight hesitation.

"Well your mother called me this morning before school and it seems she is worried that you are spending a lot of time with Tommy Simpson." He began.

I must have looked appalled as he became defensive. "Now I'm not going to tell you what to do with your own life but I want you to be careful around Tommy. He isn't one of my pupils but I have heard a lot about him from other teachers and students,"

I stopped him mid sentence "So you're going to believe any old rumour that comes up about him?! You say it yourself, you don't even know him! Why am I here, you can't lecture me you're not my dad." I said angrily.

"Now Poppy, I don't think you're being very fair," he said as I picked up my bag and walked towards the door. "I'm just trying to help you."

"You know how you can help me?" I asked, staring him in the eye. "Sign my leavers form." I pulled the form out of my bag that I had got from the office this morning.

"Poppy I think you should talk to me about this. You haven't even applied to college." He said shaking his head.

"I don't need to, I'm sixteen." I said handing him a pen from a pencil pot on his desk.

Luckily for me Mr Consington is a pushover. He sighed and took the pen and signed my leavers form. "Take care of yourself Poppy, I mean that."

I nodded and walked out of the door. I was finally free. Free of this hellhole and free to live my life with Tommy without anyone else telling me what to do.

***

Thanks for reading, please comment and vote and stuff 😘 It's 4am right now and I'm literally so tired that I typed Poopy and started dying laughing... So sorry for any spelling mistakes I'll check this later. Off to bed (by that I mean tumblr) I go ✌🏻️