Chapter Five

Woods have eyes, even the most wise werewolf will tell you that. I tense as I feel someone or something watching my pack. Maddie sleeps, unaware that danger may be just around the corner. 

Jet growls low in his throat, Ellie jumps up to protect her wolf, my sister. I crawl towards them, I realise that I can't wake Maddie up because I can't talk.

I shake her, hoping she isn't in one of her deep sleeps. Thankfully she's not and wakes up as soon as I touch her. 

"What's up Bailey?" She asks. 

I point around us and she tenses, I re-clip the dogs to me again and Maddie picks up the pack. We walk through the woods, being careful not to make too much noise.

We make it to the edge of the woods and I breath a sigh. Once we step outside it means we will have to act like humans again and I hate doing that.

Maddie takes my hand and we walk together, hand in hand down the hill and into the world of humans. 

Buildings surround the woods, Maddie looks like she wants to run to them for shelter but I pull her back. It might not be safe.

"Let's go" Maddie says pulling me along.

I roll my eyes and keep watch on the early riser humans. We walk for ages, the dogs stay silent just like me. Maddie giggles at things that we don't have in the woods and I smile at the joy she is having.

We find an abandoned warehouse, I rip the door off and we enter the long time dead place. I let the dogs off lead, knowing they won't go far without us.

"It's cold in here" Maddie comments.

I nod and bring out a blanket. We settle on the floor with the blanket wrapped around us. I fall asleep but suddenly I hear a noise.

I shoot up and growl. Maybe it was a rat I think to myself.

*******************************************************************

Thanks for reading, I hope you like this book.

Please don't forget to vote, comment and follow.