Chapter 21

They finally identified who the person was that was in the house with Dalton and Peter at the time of the fire. His name was Mark Billings. He was a hit man. When they searched his apartment they found money and directions to the Worth house along with plans of how to carry the hit out. The investigation was now to find out who ordered the hit and why. I didn't understand why someone would want to hurt Dalton and his family.

Dalton pushed himself to the point of exhaustion trying to remember. He just couldn't. But why would he want to remember such a traumatic expierance? I know I wouldn't.

I tried to be as normal as possible and act the way I normally would around Dalton, but some things were just not normal anymore. Normal was not a option anymore, not with all the hectic things going on.

The only good part about this whole thing was that people were leaving me alone. No one was bothering me or from what I could hear talking about me either. I slipped back into the backround and I was more than fine with that. I liked being invisible. It was comfortable and easy. Being visible was hard. You had to put up and effort to do anything, go anywhere. But I guess you could say that visibility was relative, depending on who you are and how you perceive things. People knew who I was, but they didn't make an effort to get to know me, not that I minded being left alone.

Dalton was becoming an introvert. He didn't speak to anyone. He would answer questions in the shortest way possible and he tried his hardest to avoid anyone. I could tell he was scared. Everyone that knew and loved him were scared. No one could understand why something like this would happen to such an all around loveable person like Dalton.

I'm not quite sure where mom went to, but she said that she had to go on a business trip and left me a thousand dollars for food and what not. So far she's been gone for three weeks and she has given no signs on when she might return.

Even Bailey was sad and upset. She would cry for hours and beg to see Pete. I thought about taking her to the grave site to see his grave, but she wouldn't understand. In the end, I decided against it.

All in all life was a mess.