Grounded

Chapter 9

Dalton’s POV

Yeah I like her. A lot. Why you may ask? I’m not completely sure. There’s just something about her that’s different. Most girls seem so shallow and just plain annoying always talking, but never listening. It drives me insane. I mean those girls are fun and all, but they are not relationship material. They are the one night stand girls that I loathe. Callie is different. She’s quiet and reserved. She tries in her classes. She’s been through so much and yet she still manages to carry herself with elegance and grace. And on top of that she’s absolutely gorgeous. And the best part about that is she doesn’t know it, or doesn’t act like she does. It makes her even more beautiful.

As I dropped her off at her house and watched her walk in, I felt the urge to snatch her back and protect her from the world. I drove home thinking about everything and wondering what was going to happen with us. I was happy to get her call today, even if it meant she was hurting. It also meant that she needed me and I liked that feeling. I pulled into my driveway hoping that everything would be alright. I parked and noticed that something was sitting on the seat where Callie had been sitting. It was her phone. Oh well, hopefully she didn’t need it right now. I would give it to her Monday at school.

Callie’s POV

I walked in the door, dreading all of this. I think my mom was cooking something and from the smell of it, I was glad that I had just eaten. I walked into the kitchen hoping to avoid him. I didn’t even remember his name. Didn’t bother to. He didn’t deserve my acknowledgement. He needed to leave. The sooner the better. As I walked into the kitchen I heard humming and immediately walked out. I was going to become a prisoner in my own house. All because of him.

I walked into Bailey’s play room and noticed that she was playing by herself.

“Hey babe” I said as she squealed.

“Sissy’s home! Sissy’s home” Bailey screamed and clapped her hands. It never ceased  to amaze me how much love could flow from one tiny human.

“What was that kiddo?” Mr. Needs- to- get- out- of- my- house said from the doorway.

“Sissy’s home!” Bailey said excitedly.

“Oh, I see. I thought you had gone out.” He said frowning.

“I did. I didn’t realize there was an amount of time that I was supposed to be gone.” I really didn’t feel like being nice to this man. I have always been pushed aside. No more. I could feel something in my brain snap, but I chose to ignore it. I might have been new to the whole crazy thing, but at the moment I didn’t care.

“Well your mother and I weren’t sure you were coming back, to be quite honest.” He said dismissively. I really want to punch him in the face.

“You listen and you listen well mister. I don’t care what you and my mother think. This is MY house and YOU do not belong here. If you weren’t in the picture my dad would probably still be alive.” I yelled. Bailey pulled on my hand.

“Sissy’s sad. Bad man, bad bad man!” Bailey hissed at what’s-his-face. It’s nice to know that someone was on my side.

“What in the world is going on here?” My mother said from behind what’s-his-face.

“Why don’t you ask your lovely children dear.” His voice was dripping with sarcasm.

“Is Callie back?”My mom asked uncertainly.

“Hey mom. So I heard you expected me never to come back?” I said with venom in my voice. I gated to battle this out in front of Bailey, but some things could not be helped.