4

Beyoncé
I was laying on the ground wrapped up in Shawn's duvet staring at the table. On it were tampons, a blue journal and pen- I used those to write a few songs so far- , a rag with body wash and on the chair was the towel Shawn gave me. On the bed was a small pile on underwear and a few of Shawn's tops and shorts because he ended up throwing the clothes his uncle gave me away. He said they didn't cover me up enough and he didn't like it so he threw them away and gave me his clothes. I really appreciate what he has done for me.

"Okay so Uncle is coming back tomorrow which means if he comes in here we need to hide this stuff so I'm gonna put it in my room and bring you stuff whenever you need it" Shawn said walking in with a box and starting to pick up the things. Every time the door opens I get a bad feeling inside, I flinch a little at the thought of it being someone who is going to hurt me but its just Shawn and I relax a little.

"Okay" I said to him, he turned to look at me and I couldn't read him. He wasn't smiling but he wasn't frowning either. His face was completely blank but at the same time he was thinking about something. He looked at me for a while before I spoke. " Did you want something?" I asked him, he walked over to me and knelt in front of me.

" I umm" He began before scratching the back of his neck. "I think we have established that I don't really get along with people" He said looking me straight in the eye which intimidated me slightly.

" You would if you trusted them" I said weakly, he looked down and nodded.

" Yeah, that" He said before looking back up at me and smiling, " What I uhhh want to say to you is that" He paused and breathed heavily. "I don't think anyone is going to find you any time soon" His words hurt me more then anything, more then his uncles dick pounding into my vagina and more then the cuffs rubbing against my wrists. "I just want you to know that a lot of people love you and your really special to them. They care about you" He stood up and put the rest of the things in the box.

" Do you care about me?" I asked him feeling like I knew the answer even if he said something different.

" No, I can't catch feelings or anything for you. Like I said, were not friends" He took the box up in his arms and looked down at me.

" Why can't we be friends?" I asked him, I have been kept away from everything that makes me human. Friends, family...growing up. I don't have anything, I don't know what is currently happening in the world and in all honesty the only thing that's ageing is my body. I'm scared all the time and I have nothing but hope and faith. Why can't I have just one friend through all of this?

"I might do something silly, like call the police or get you out of here. Then what? my family and I die? no fucking way." He said frightening me slightly with his choice of words. He walked over to the door and looked back at me sighed. "There all I have" He said sadly before closing the door and locking it. I looked over at the wall and let a tear drop fall from my eyes but wiping it quickly as the door swung open again. "Would you like to watch TV with me?" He said not looking at me at all, I stood up and walked toward him then lifted his head to look at me.

" Why?" I asked him nervously.

" You being in her alone makes me feel bad" He admitted staring deep into my eyes. "Not because I like you or care about you, don't get any silly thoughts, but because I'm actually a decent person and It's fucking weird" He explained. I understood Shawn a little, he didn't trust people and he wasn't comfortable with sharing his feelings about things. He wasn't comfortable with people at all really. His words hurt me but I could tell that somewhere inside him he cares about me more then he lets himself think, not because we're friends or anything, but because he knows we could be.