15

"Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends."

~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

― Dr. Seuss

Beyoncé POV

There was this thing my father would always say to me as I grew up, when I was becoming doubtful of ever making it anywhere in the entertainment business. When I thought life wasn't worth living, when I would lock myself in my room for days on end unable to control my emotions. Unable to see the light at the end of the tunnel. He would say "Baby Girl, You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." And somehow, even though I rarely ever knew what he meant by that, it would make things better. It would make everything better. Then, my mother would join in "JuJu, In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." By that time my tears would have been wiped so the sensation of the salty drops running down my face had ended but I could still feel the traces it left, and I would face the world again ready to own it. Ready to do whatever I can to somehow become the Woman I know I can be, to become the woman who was ready to work it.The woman ready to Slay.  I would then see Solange who would smile up at me brightly then say, "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." Mimicking our mother making me laugh because she knew that's what she had said, then Kelly would copy dad "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." And the only one of us who bothered to come up with their own little quote would be Angie who always seemed to get me more than I got myself, "What are you gonna do about it?" Which then enabled me to do something: When I'm not feeling my best I ask myself, "What are you gonna do about it?"I use the negativity to fuel the transformation into a better me. Thanks to the many times Angie had asked me the same thing. One day I want to be able to call myself a Diva, A true diva is graceful, and talented, and strong, and fearless and brave and someone with humility. So, I try and I try my best to be the best I can. To always out do myself because I do not feel the need to compete with anyone but me. I promised myself, In the moment I saw Angie and Kelly and Lyndell at the door that I was always going to remain humble and remember the people who loved me before I got on to the radio. I have a feeling, a strong feeling, that Bonnie and Clyde is just the beginning of something big for me. That I will be a Diva, that I will be known and I will make it in the world. But before I can make it in the world I need to have my own life straight, I need to know who I want to keep in it, who is going to tell me the truth because Honestly is something I value a lot. Who is going to keep me humble, who would have my best wishes a heart and who doesn't want to hurt me. So that just leaves me with one question. 

Lyndell- The boy who broke your heart a number of times- is standing before you at the door Bey, what are you gonna do about it? 

I stared at him thinking about the times we spent together, thinking about how much I loved him and how much I thought he loved me

I stared at him thinking about the times we spent together, thinking about how much I loved him and how much I thought he loved me. Thinking about how I felt when he broke my heart, when I remembered how I said Yes to everything he wanted but he still hurt me. When I realised that In this world all I have is me, myself and I.