The Accident

Johnny and I where actually behaving for once, checking the stats for Ben and awaiting more orders from Victor. Suddenly Reed came racing up the stairs shouting at Ben through the earpiece "Ben you need to get inside now!!" Johnny and I looked at Reed in confusion "What's going on?" Johnny questioned. "I ain't done arranging your flowers egghead." Ben replied to Reed. Johnny and I followed Reed's gaze to the Storm approaching us. I gasped pressing my hands against the glass divider. "Ben turn around." I ordered a hint of desperation clear in my voice.

"Guy's I'm not gonna make it." Ben stated looking at the cloud before turning his attention back to us."Ben you gotta jump." Johnny shouted through the earpiece."It's the only way." I finished. Reed looked at us in disbelief. We watched helplessly as Ben jumped off the platform."Come on Ben you got this." Johnny practically screamed. Reed didn't take his eye's of Ben "OK Johnny get ready to close the Portal." He commanded whilst placing his hand on Johnny's shoulder. Johnny pulled away and rushed over to the computer panel. I still watched Ben, my hands shaking, tears threatening to spill as the life threatening situation got worse. Suddenly a flash went off and Ben was propelled into the glass that separated us from him. Ben slid down the glass panel into an unconscious state as Reed looked to me in shock.
We looked back to the closed portal to see the red storm breaking through coming dangerously at us. Johnny rushed to my side pulling me against his chest trying to shield me from the storm that had made it's way inside.
As the cloud hit us I began to feel as if I was drowning. A cool liquid ran down my arms and legs before I felt a heat wave come off of Johnny's body. The last thing I remembered before slipping out of conciousness was the obnoxious playboy that had tried to protect my life over his, and I would be forever grateful, that was if we made it out alive.

I awoke to the sound of beeping, I peeled my eyes open and began to sit up. "Lex! Hey, rise and shine sleeping beauty." Johnny's voice echoed around the room."Where are we?" I questioned whilst tucking my hair behind my ears "Back on Earth. We're in quarantine, Victor's medical facility." I nodded."How is everyone." I asked looking around but stopping at his toned body which was only covered by a tank top."We're all fine, Ben and Sue haven't woken up yet." I nodded again before I got up from the hospital bed and made my way to the ensuite bathroom."Have you gone to see Ben?" I asked as I grabbed a pair of jeans and a vest top from the bathroom counter."No, I was wondering if you'd come with me. I wanna whined him up." He said with a slight chuckle.

I smirked as I pulled my clothes on. "Johnny, it would be my pleasure." I answered before looking into the mirror. My appearance was the same. My brown hair hung in loose waves around my face and as far as I could tell I wasn't injured in any way. The thing that intrigued me the most were my eye's. They seemed more diluted than normal, with little specks of blue lighting up my iris ever so slightly. I shrugged it off before walking back over to Johnny. "Lets go piss Ben off." I said with a smirk before walking off swaying my hips."Yes ma'am" He mocked saluted before walking beside me.

Just before we opened Ben's door I turned to Johnny and kissed his cheek."What was that for?" He questioned with a smirk "For shielding me against the storm." I answered before turning to Ben's door and opening it quietly. Johnny pulled up a seat next to Ben's bed and patted his knee for me to sit on. I rose an eyebrow before obliging. He placed and arm around my waist circling my side with his thumb which sent goosebumps up my spine. His torso was unusually warm against my back."Wake up Ben!" I started as I leant over his awakening state."Hey rise and shine big boy, How are you feeling." Johnny stated with his hand still on my waist."Where am I ?" He asked looking at us. "Back on Earth,We're in quarantine,Victor's medical facility" I answered remembering what Johnny had told me."Reed, Sue?" He asked with desperation."Oh they're fine, everybody else is fine..."Johnny said causing worry to etch over Ben's face immediately. "What's wrong with me?" He questioned clenching his fists. "I swear to you Ben they done everything humanly possible..." I started "The best plastic surgeons in the world are here Ben.." Johnny said putting his hand out towards him."You had the best." I continued. "Give me that mirror." Ben ordered leaning towards the hand held mirror on his bedside cabinet.

Johnny grabbed it from his reach."I-I don't know if that's a good idea. They said the shock alone..." I began before Ben angrily cut it."Give me that God damn mirror!" I jumped from Johnny's lap and hid behind his broad shoulders."OK" Johnny breathed handing it to him hesitantly."Ben just be strong." Johnny continued as Ben lifted the mirror to his face. Johnny clapped his hands together as the two of us backed away as Ben realised we had been lying to him."Unfortunately..." I started "The doctors couldn't do anything to fix your face." Johnny finished quickly noticing Ben's rage intensify. Ben rose the mirror and hurled it at us. Johnny pulled me toward the door before either of us could be penetrated with a shard of smashed glass that had rebounded off the wall. The two off us left in a fit of laughter. After we had recovered we opened the hall door towards Johnny's room meeting Reed."Nice do" I said pointing out his silver side burns."Going for the grandpa look?"Johnny questioned before he grabbed my arm and yanked me towards his room."What?" Reed asked as we walked off.