Paparazzi

After the five of us had been escorted to a medical tent, the medics insisted that we were all checked over. After my check up I grabbed my third bottle of water before approaching Johnny and taking a seat on the table he was leaning on. As I drunk the water I stared at Ben trying to take in his features. "Where are your ears?" Johnny questioned wrapping an arm around my waist. "Are they in that little mound there." I continued, pointing my now empty bottle to the side of Ben's head before throwing it into the trash can beside us. Ben looked to us in disbelief whilst Johnny just rose his eyebrows. As I was grabbing another bottle of water a Fireman walked in and approached Reed "There's some guys out side who wanna talk to you" Reed looked stunned "We're not going public with this." Reed replied. The man looked taken back "We're scientists not celebrities" Reed continued looking toward me and Johnny.

"Too late son, look." The man turned on the TV near us. On the news channel there was footage of all of us in action. Johnny and I walked forward as the news reporter continued to talk about our abilities. "That's what there calling you the fantastic five!" The fireman said. Johnny turned to me with a sparkle in his eye "Cool!" We said in unison before turning to the door hand in hand."No wait. Where do you think your going?!" Sue exlaimed grabbing our attention before we were about to leave."Where are you going?" she repeated."We're gonna go talk to them" Johnny deadpanned. "No,we should think this through." She answered back turning to Ben and Reed. "That's great!Brain storm!" I replied before pulling Johnny out the tent toward the paparazzi.

As we walked forward Sue's voice followed us."Get back here right now." Johnny turned around smiling but then continued to walk to the reporters in front of us. Johnny snaked one hand around my waist as we both raised one arm taking in the attention. As the others stood by us we lowered our hands."Can you believe this!" Johnny stated to Reed. "Which one of you is the leader?" The same man from earlier said. I looked to Johnny who volunteered himself but was quickly swapped with Reed. Reed stepped forward and took in the flashing camera's and microphones pointing in our direction before starting."Uh, during our recent mission to the Von Doom space station, we were exposed to as yet-unidentified radioactive energy, most likely some kind of nucleotide compoun--"He was cut of by a fury of questions.

"What happened on the bridge? Does it hurt to stretch? Were you really on fire? Is it true that one of you can walk on water?" Hearing the last question Johnny and I but in"We're working on it, it's harder than it looks" I nodded in agreement about to answer myself before Sue cut in "We don't know much more than you do,at this point. Which is why we will be going directly to the lab, where we can diagnose our symptoms and --" Sue was cut off again."Symptoms? So it's like a disease?" I answered this time "Symptoms? Please. If having powers is a disease, then yeah we got it. And we are gonna blow your minds." I answered looking at Johnny smiling.  "There's a new day dawning. The day of the Fantastic Five." Johnny finished "That thing doesn't look so fantastic."A reporter shouted referring to Ben."Ben Grimm is a genuine American hero who's been through a terrible orde--" Johnny cut Reed off.

"What he's trying to say is: every team needs a mascot..." Everyone laughed and I smirked although what Ben went through is horrible he is really gonna have to take me and Johnny with a pinch of salt."Look, we went up to space to find a way to understand DNA, to cure disease, save lives.  Well, now it's our DNA, our disease, our lives on the line...Thank you no more questions." Ben, Reed and Sue walked away whilst Johnny and I followed reluctantly.We reached a police car and all climbed in as Ben got into a police van behind to which was able to carry his weight. Once we had reached the Baxter Building, we were greeted with lots more paparazzi and of course me and Johnny soaked it up.

Johnny and I walked toward the building smiling and reacting to our new fans whilst Ben just looked perplexed "Come on Ben smile. Their gonna like you." I stated before Johnny led me to the doors catching up with Sue and Reed. The five of us walked past the mail man who gladly gave Reed his mail before we got into the lift. Reed, Sue and Ben stood opposite us whilst I leaned on Johnny with his hands wrapped around my waist, linking at the front and his chin resting on my shoulder. Once the doors had closed and we where standing in silence. A creaking noise filled our surroundings causing all of us to look for the source of the noise."Either we're moving really fast or not at all." Johnny stated causing his voice to send vibrations down my spine making me to swoon.

As if on cue the elevator buzzed and showed a sign saying 'exceed maximum weight'. Ben sighed before speaking "I'll take the stairs." He said exiting the elevator before he turned to look at us just as the doors closed leaving him alone on the other side. As the elevator began to travel upwards Johnny lifted his head from my shoulder turning his attention to Reed. "How come Ben can't turn it on and off like we can?" He questioned still keeping his hands firmly around my middle."That's what where here to find out" Reed responded, Sue looked to Reed "I mean, If it happened to him" Sue suggested."What? You mean we won't be able to turn it on or off either?" I questioned, Reed tilted his head in answer to my question."That would save time." Johnny said followed by a slight laugh, I smirked and nodded in agreement. "You don't really want to walk around on fire or drenched in water all the time do you?" Sue questioned in disbelief at our childlessness. "Is that a trick question?"Johnny stated looking down at me. I shrugged my shoulders in response looking back into his blue eyes.

"Grow up!" Was all Sue said before I butted in"Come on! Are we the only guys who thinks this is cool!" I suggested. Before anyone could answer the elevator opened. Reed and Sue stepped out as Johnny removed his arms from around me but not without squeezing my arse in the process, leaving me with a deep blush as he pushed me out the doors."We should stay here until we find the extent of our changes." Reed said whilst throwing his mail onto a nearby table. "Figure out how to reverse them." He continued walking into the open space ahead. We followed eagerly behind wanting to see the scientists lab. "Whoa" Johnny exclaimed as we walked side by side into the science lab. "Believe it or not, he lives here." Sue deadpanned toward us, obvious memories flooding through her voice.

Johnny and I looked around in awe as Reed continued to talk "But I'm gonna have to warn you, It's gonna be a little crowded in some places" I let a slight laugh escape my lips as Reed walked toward us."So what do you think?" He asked me and Johnny "I don't know Reed you might be bringing your work home with you." I answered in amazement. Reed laughed slightly before patting Johnny on the back "Come on. Let me show you guys where you'll be staying" Reed said before turning back to me and Johnny again."I-Uh assume you two will be sharing?" He suggested, I smirked and looked to Johnny."Of course whatever the lady desires." Johnny answered in a posh accent I laughed as Reed sighed before leading us away. I turned to Sue still taking in the surroundings."Busy Guy" was all I said as Johnny and I followed Reed to our room.