Testing

After Johnny and I had unpacked our clothing and had a 'bit of fun' Reed had explained that we would have to begin testing. Johnny had changed into a white tank top and Jogging bottoms whilst I wore a black swimsuit with an oversized white t-shirt on top to keep me decent as I waited to be examined myself. Johnny was instructed to enter a heat proof container whilst the rest of us took cover in an army bunker on the balcony above.

We checked the screens and camera's before authorising Johnny to begin. He begun by setting his hand on fire. After a few seconds he bought his hand down to his side causing the flames to travel over his entire body, incinerating his clothes. Johnny looked at himself in amazement. I stared wide eyed at the camera footage as Reed began explaining "His heating up from his core." He said, looking at Johnny's results  "And his vitals are completely normal." Sue finished staring in disbelief. As the temperature increased Reed began to panic "His hotter than we anticipated." I smirked "Damn right."

Sue just shook her head at me before Reed spoke over the loud speaker "OK Johnny back it down." Reed commanded "I can go hotter." Johnny stated as he heated himself up even more.

"Johnny just back it down." Sue repeated annoyance in her voice. I watched the camera in amazement as the flames continued to engulf Johnny's body. As the titanium cube Johnny was in began to melt, we shielded our eyes due to the blinding light. "Johnny back it down right now!" Reed and Sue screamed as I continued to watch with my shielded eye's. Before Johnny could answer Reed slammed down on a red button that released CO2 foam which instantly put out Johnny's flames. I ran out of the bunker with Sue and Reed walking behind."Buzz kill. You guys are cramping my style." Johnny said with a laugh.

The test unit had melted and allowed us to see inside which revealed a naked Johnny covered in foam."Johnny you were at 4000 kelvin, any hotter and you're approaching super nova" Sue stated."Sweet!" Johnny replied with a smile."No not sweet. That's the temperature of the sun." Sue continued."Not only could you kill your self, but you could set fire to the earth's atmosphere and destroy human life as we know it." Reed stated. Johnny nodded slightly "Right got it,Super nova bad." He said raising his hands giving us a thumbs up. I smirked before throwing a towel at Johnny and following Reed and Sue back into the army bunker, leaving him to get dressed as we set up for my test.

Reed walked over to a large object covered in a white sheet. He pulled the sheet off revealing a large glass tank. Placing a ladder to it's side he turned to me."Try to fill the tank up to the top." I nodded before removing my white top,leaving me in just the swim suit. As I was about to climb the ladder, a wolf whistle caught my attention. I quickly turned my head to be greeted with a now dressed Johnny. I shook my head with a slight smile before climbing to the top of the ladder. Looking to the trio beside me I took a deep breath before placing my hands in front of me over the glass tank. I felt a tingling sensation before a fast flow of water projected itself from my hands. Trying to widen my stance as best I could on the small ladder I continued to fill the tank. Once the water level had reached the top I pulled my hands back to my side, gasping slightly at my use of energy and the new realisation that my body's water level had dropped."Right, we know you can project water from your hands, and most likely absorb water from the atmosphere." I nodded in agreement."But I remember a reporter suggesting if you could walk on water." Reed continued as I looked into the clear liquid below me. I sighed before standing at level with the water "What happens if I can't and I go straight the bottom?" I questioned looking at Johnny, Sue and Reed.

"Well.... we'll do another test. See how long you can hold your breath. Turing an accident into a experiment" Sue stated.I nodded before Placing a foot over the water. As the flat of my foot touched the surface of the water, the liquid seemed to become a solid. I quickly pulled my foot back in surprise and turned to Reed "Did you see that?!" I questioned still not believing it. Reed nodded before Johnny smiled encouraging me to continue. I placed my foot back over the water and watched as it became a solid again. I took another step so my whole body was now over the water. I spun around and looked to the others in joy."This is the coolest thing ever!" I gleaned before raising my hands to perform a victory dance.

As I rose my hands a wall of water followed causing me to loose my balance and fall into the cool liquid below. As my body became submerged underwater I quickly pushed my self back to the surface from the bottom of the tank. I was greeted by an amused looking Reed and Sue and a hysteric Johnny. I stifled a laugh."Right lets try that breathing thing huh?" I finished with a slight smirk as I flicked some water at Johnny. Sue nodded "Well, I guess we now know you can control bodied of water" Reed said with a laugh before I sunk to the bottom of the glass take taking a cross legged position. I opened my eyes and instantly realised that my vision was as clear as it was when I was above water. I continued to sit, walk and dance on the tank floor for around 20 minuets before a burning sensation in my lungs alerted me I needed air.

I swam to the surface taking in a big breath."26 minuets and 34 seconds Alexa" Reed stated putting the stopwatch back into his lab coat pocket. I nodded, still gasping slightly."I-uhh can also see clearly underwater, if that's of any interest."I said pulling my self out of the water and grabbing my white shirt from the floor. Reed nodded making a note on his clip board before leaving with Sue to start with their own tests."Well well well, Looks like little miss mermaid has returned." Johnny stated with a smirk."Don't ever call me that again" I replied with a playful grin Johnny shrugged before walking up to me and placing his hands on my arms. "Maybe...you could dry me?" I suggested with a slight grin. Johnny rose his eyebrows before I felt the heat radiate of off him. I smiled as the warm sensation covered my body. I leant up on my tip toes and gave Johnny a passionate kiss, before grabbing his arm and leading him back to our bedroom where I'm sure we'd both be hot or wet soon enough.