Chapter 18 Sisters

Sisters
It was just Ava and I when Thomas and his parents decided to go grab food. Thomas promised he'd bring food back for Ava and I. I was so happy because my stomach was growling a lot. I kept thinking about my dream and it would always scare me half to death. Soon I was snapped back to reality.

"Megan?" Ava asked snapping her fingers in my face. I turned to her and we both began to laugh.

"Sorry I was completely zoned out." I giggled. Ava patted me on the back and giggled.

"Yea, I could totally tell. Were you thinking about my brother?" She smirked. I blushed then bowed my head.

"Maybe." I murmured. She squealed. Then she blushed.

"I would love to have you as a sister in-law. I'm serious you're beautiful, you're a really kind girl, and I know you'll respect my Tommy!" She giggled. I really liked Ava. She was a really amazing person. She had the perfect smile, personality and all.

"What do you mean? Aren't we already sisters?" I winked at her nudging her side. Ava laughed then sighed.

"Yea. I hope I get out of here soon though. I already had surgery, but, they want to keep and eye open for me." Ava smiled. I grinned and grabbed her arm.

"You'll be fine, trust me." I said hearing a knock on the door. I looked over to see Thomas and his family with Food. I stood up and walked over to Thomas. His eyes widened and he looked relieved. "What?" I asked hugging Thomas.

"Megan! You just walked! On your right leg!" Thomas practically screamed picking me up. I widened my eyes and rapped my legs around his torso hugging him around the neck.

"I can walk!" I screamed. I heard Thomas' mom yell a 'hooray' then heard Ava.

"Woohoo! Megan can walk! You go girl!" I looked over at Ava and rolled my eyes. I then looked back at Thomas.

"Ava and I agreed we are friends." I smiled. Thomas pecked my lips.

"That's best friends! We are practically sisters!" I heard Ava scream. Thomas put me down as I put weight on my leg. I smiled and hugged Thomas again. Thomas then handed me my food. I felt like drooling.

"I got you some French fries with either ketchup or gravy." Thomas told me.

"Did they have cheese there?" I asked. He nodded.

"Why?"

"Have you ever been to Canada?" I asked. Thomas shook his head. "Let's go get some cheese! I need to show you one of Canada's most special dish. It's called Poutine." I giggled walking on my leg. I fell over a few times but Thomas caught me when I did. It was like learning to walk. When we got to the food market we got some white cheese put on our fries and sat down. We drizzled the gravy over top of it and I sat there licking my lips.

"Bon appetite!" I giggled grabbing a fork full of Poutine. Thomas looked at me funny.

"What language is that?" He asked me grabbing some fries.

"It's French. I can speak French." (my grandparents are from Quebec)

Thomas ate some Poutine and widened his eyes. He looked at me then back at his plate. I laughed at his reaction.

"Tu est comme un Canard!" I yelled. He furrowed his eyes.

"What does that mean?" Thomas asked. "Oh and by the way, I'm coming to Canada." I laughed then looked at him.

"It means 'you're like a duck'." I giggled. Thomas began to laugh so hard.

"How am I like a duck?" He questioned.

"You had very large eyes." I giggled. He laughed then took another mouth full of goodness. Thomas rolled his eyes and stared me straight in the eyes.

"How come the English have never made this before?" He joked. I giggled.

"Maybe because Canada has? It's ours!" I yelled. When we finished our food Thomas grabbed my waist and pulled me to his side. He then turned me to face him and kissed my. I laughed.

"What?" Thomas looked very confused.

"Your breath smells like cheese and gravy." I joked putting my hand on his mouth. He pulled out a piece of gum and offered me one. I thanked him and took a piece.

"How's this?" He asked breathing into my face. His hot breath brushed against my face and I smiled.

"Much better! Smells like peppermint." Thomas and I began to walk back to Ava's room and  I started to feel dizzy. Thomas noticed and grabbed my arm.

"Megan? What's wrong?" He asked looking really worried. I sighed.

"It's probably my low blood sugar." I said breathily. Thomas furrowed his eyes and then widened them.

"Do you have diabetes?" He almost yelled. I shook my head.

"No but my mom does. When your parent has diabetes, it's easy for the low blood sugar to get to you. When I stand up too fast I get dizzy." I explained holding on to a railing in the hall. I stopped and began to breath. I took in slow deep breaths and closed my eyes. I felt a pair of hands grab me and knew it was Thomas. I tried to look up at him but only saw black. I then felt a cold marbleized floor touched my face.

I was out cold.

Thomas' P.O.V

Megan fell to the floor and fainted. I screamed for a doctor and pulled her up to her feet. She was out.

"Megan? Megan!" I yelled shaking her body slowly. I guess we were close to Ava's room because my mum ran out to help me.

"What happened?" She asked. I explained and she ran to the front desk for help. I held on to Megan and hugged her close to my chest. I ran my fingers through her long blond hair and started to cry.

"What happened?" I heard a male voice say. I looked up to see a red headed doctor leaning over me while Megan was in my arms.

"I don't know. She told me about her low blood sugar then blacked out." I told the doctor holding her closer. The doctor lifted Megan up and put her on a gurney.

"Who are you sir?" The doctor asked me as I ran alongside him.

"Thomas, I'm Megan's boyfriend!" I screamed sobbing as her eyes were stilled closed shut.

"I'm doctor Hunt. Owen Hunt. Can you please wait outside sir? In the waiting room?" He told me. (I know guys, it's Owen from Grey's) I shook my head and started to rage up in anger.

"I'm never leaving her!" I hollered staring at the doctor. Owen stopped and stared at me dead in the eyes.

"Fine, but if I need to do anything surgical, you leave." He spat pointing his finger in my face. I nodded and ran towards Megan. I furrowed my eyebrows as I noticed something odd.

"Is she supposed to be sweating?" I asked. Owen looked over at me and shook his head.

"No. Maybe this isn't as severe. Maybe she's fi-" he was saying as soon as Megan shot up off of the gurney.

"What happened?" She asked. I lunged at her and pulled her into a long embrace. "Thomas?"

"You fainted!" I screamed grabbing a hold of her shirt. "In my bloody arms!" I pulled away and looked at Megan. She rolled her eyes then giggled.

"Thomas, I told you. I just do this when I stand up too fast. It's happened a million times before." She told me. She then looked at Owen who was a little angry. "Who're you?"

"Owen Hunt. The doctor who saved you when really, you didn't need saving." He scowled walking off. I looked at Megan and she laughed.

"Doctors hate me." She giggled pulling me into a hug.

"Megan!" I heard Ava behind us. Megan looked at her direction and so did I. "Did you just almost die?" She asked. Megan laughed then nudged me.

"No. I'm fine sister."

We then walked back to Ava's room hand in hand.