WHY?

John's POV

My world is crashing ... I-I Sherlock. NO, NO! Why? I lost him once ....well kinda why again?

"John." I hear the doctor say.

"What? Sorry ." I get out.

"John , as a fellow doctor you know that while lung cancer is one of the most fatal cancers, it is treatable." The doctor says , I am so numb I barely hear him.

We then walk back into the hospital room. The doctor informs Sherlock.

"Anything else Doc?" Sherlock asked.

"Well , we have a board of doctors that will get together with you soon to discuss treatment options . Also Sherlock have you deducted the time yet?" The doctor answers , I still can barely believe my ears, like seriously why? WHY?

"I don't have to there's a calendar over there that says it's November 2nd, 2015." Sherlock states and I can't help but chuckle. "So that would mean I'm missing 20 months ." Sherlock says sadly, I know it kills him to not know relevant stuff and well the last 20 months were pretty relevant to our lives. With Moriarty coming back from the dead, Mary, and of course Scoutt.

"When can Sherlock come home?"
I asked .

"Well if all goes well Sherlock can be release by tomorrow afternoon . Unless you boys have any more questions I'll get out of your hair. " the doctor pause and then after a moment exited the room.

After a few minutes of silence we decided to call Greg and update him on everything.