chapter 18.

Jc's POV -

I weakly open my eyes. The feeling of being awake is so refreshing. I turn to my side to see who was holding my hand. I wanted to be Kian so bad, but once I got enough strength to turn my head to see who it was, a wave of dissapointment rushed through me. It was Connor. I guess I needed to talk to him..I just wanted to talk to Kian first. I opened my mouth and tried to utter my first words after I tried to commit suicide, but Connor had delicalty placed his finger on top of my lips.

"Shh. You don't need to say anything." He took is finger off of my face. I closed my mouth, wondering what Connor was going to say.

"I know that this has been difficult on us, but I want to fix that. I'm breaking up with you Jc. You obviously have a thing with Kian, and I understand. I am totally okay with it, I just hope that you can deal with it."

I looked up at Connor. "Umm.." I try my best to utter the words out that I was trying to say. "C-connor I totally understand where you are coming from. And I hope you find someone who really loves you. I am sorry that I couldn't be that person...I am sorry things ended the way they did." I started to tear up as flashbacks of what had happened start to come back. I drew my attention back towards Connor..trying to forget.

"It's okay Jc. I am positive that I will find someone who was truly meant to be with me." A small smirk grew on Connor's face as he started to stand up. "See ya later Jc." He turned around and walked away until I could no longer see him from my bedside.

Kian's POV -

Jc could wake up any time now..and I won't be the first person he sees. He will hate me. Fuck. I don't want him to hate me..I want him to love me. Why the fuck does Connor have to be such an ass? Why do I have to love someone that is so hard to love? This year was supposed to be perfect, but its so fucked up. Soo soo fucked up.

My phone started buzzing, drawing my attention away from my thoughts. I look down at my phone. I grab it and see who the message is from. Jc. He's awake. I quickly open the message to see what he had said.

Jc: Hey Kian...I'm awake..I'm alive. I know this must be really weird for you..but I would really like it if you would come and see me. I want to talk to you. I want to see you..so so bad. Please come down as soon as you possibly can.

I didn't know what to text back. I don't even know if I should text back. I want to explain to him everything that is happening. I want to tell him that I love him and I am only dating Connor to protect him. But if I do that I could potentially be putting Jc in danger and that is all I have been trying to protect him from. He has been through enough..I hope he can get through this.