Chapter 6

Darren

It has been three days, and no word from Madison. What happened, did I do something wrong. I have come to the conclusion that something happened when she went in to her bathroom. Because we were happy with each other, I told her I loved her, and she said she loved me too. I'm worried like crazy. I can't eat. I can't sleep. All I do is sit on my bed.

I sat up and looked around my room. My guitar. I got up and picked it up and began strumming.

Say, wasn't that a funny day?

Gee you had a funny way, a way about you

A kind of glow of something new

Sure, I'll admit that I'm the same

Another sucker for a game kids like to play

And the rules they like to use

Don't you want the way I feel?

Don't you want the way I feel for you?

I sat my guitar down and ran my hands through my hair. My heart hurts, I thought I found the one. I got up and grabbed my keys off my dresser and got in my truck. I drove to Madisons house. We are going to talk this out.

I drive by her house and there is a for sale sign in her yard. I slammed on my brakes and got out and ran to her house. It was empty, I banged on the door, nothing. I looked through the window, it was pitch black, empty. She was gone, and didn't even say good bye. I looked around. What is going on? I thought to myself. There was a pice of paper barely sticking out of the door I picked it up and opened it.

Darren,
We met on the second of April, remember. Darren I'm gone forever. I'm sorry that things ended. Well I thought we could work but I was wrong. I told you that back story, well I was liying. Somehow you really believed me. See I went to the bathroom and got a text. From a certain someone, my true love. The mess of our silly love story he found funny. So my mind is made up. My past boyfriend and I have gotten back together. It has to be this way, and I know exactly what you will do. You come to my empty house looking for me, I'm gone. I'm back with my EX. And to save you the humiliation of a break up I just left. To save time I wrote you this letter, hopefully you will find it, and it will explain everything. And you so I know you will find it. And I again am sorry it ended like this. I have no extra room at my new place. I left Elly tied up in the back. And all her favorite toys. Also my camera for you to give to the headmaster at UofM with the pictures on it. Give love to Elly for me.
-Madison

I ran to the back yard and saw Elly tied up. Something was wrong here, Elly is Madisons best friend, she wouldn't just leave her behind. I dug threw all of Ellys stuff trying to look for more clues. Things just wernt adding up. I sat down with Elly in the grass and read back over the letter. It was so oddly worded. Elly slowly trotted over into my lap, she looked weak. I figure she needs food. I picked her up and stuffed the note in my pocket and got all of her toys and walked back to my truck.

*Back to reality*

So here we are. Just left with some stupid note saying she never loved me. I have been out side her house every since I dropped Elly off at my apartment. I'm hoping that maybe she will come back.

Now you see why I want to forget this. But I can't apart of me knows something is not right here. A part of me knows something is wrong here.

I began the walk back to my apartment. I began humming the tune I created before all this happened. But I can't think my mind is in another place right now.

The night was peaceful and relaxing, but I'm not able to relax. She left, just left to be with some EX boyfriend. She left her life, her best friend, and me. My heart is broken. In my past relationships, the breakups hurt but never like this one. This pain would not go away. Memories of Me and Madison over the past three months kept running through my head. When I first met her, when we went to Pizza Palace, the movies, The Red Plate, and other little dated we had here and there. Our first kiss, the fire I felt inside me when we kissed. I have never felt this way before and this can't just be it, there has to be something more. I'm not giving up I'm going to find her.