Chapter 11

Madison

I fluttered my eyes open.

Where am I?

I'm at a hospital, what happened? All I remember is.... My heart started racing fast. Darren where is he, is he okay? The doctor walked in.

"As Miss. River, it's nice to see your awake. I'm Dr. Gordon." I stared at him but didn't respond. "Okay, we are going to release you, you just have some bruises, and they should clear up in no time."

"Do you know where Darren is?" I asked.

"Mr. Criss, yes I do, he is in critical care." Dr. Gordon said in a sorrowful tone. I felt like screaming and crying, but I know that wouldn't make him well again.

"Is he going to be okay?"

"Mam, he lost alot of blood, and it's uncertain." I put my face in my hands, and began crying, it hurt so bad. The doctor walked out of the room. I sat there on my bed, my heart broken. None of this deserved to happen to Darren. I told him that I was a mess, but he didn't listen to me. And now... and now I may never be able to here his sweet voice ever again. I began crying harder and harder.

About thirty minutes later the Dr. Gordon came back in saying how I had to leave, because they need my room. I quickly got dressed and left the room. I walked up to the lady at the front desk.

"Excuse me, can you tell me what room Darren Criss is in." I asked her softly.

"Yes let me see." She clicked around on her computer. "I'm sorry he is not in this building, try the critical care building."

I walked around the hospital following the signs to lead me to the critical care building. I felt like falling to the floor and crying. This is all my fault.

I enter the building and walk up to the front desk.

"Can you tell me what room Darren Criss is in?" I asked the lady.

"Yes I can, give me a moment." She looked to her computer screen. "He is in room 302, but only family is allowed in."

"Please, I'm his girlfriend, his family lives in San Francisco, I'm all he has." I begged the woman.

"Fine, you may go."

"Thank you." I said then ran off to his room.

I reached the door, I shut my eyes and opened the door, scared to see what was on the other side. I opened my eyes and looked at him. He was pale, no bruises or anything, just gaws wrapped around his stomach. I walked over and sat besides him. I took his hand, it was weird that he didn't squeeze my hand back or smile like he always does when I touch him.

"Oh, this is all my fault, look at you, this should be me not you. I'm so sorry." I took a breath trying to keep my tears in, but it didn't work. "Darren I love you so much please don't leave me." I said then kissing his hand. Nothing, no response. I got up an moved to the chair beside the window and fell asleep.

Darren

I barely opened my eyes, the room was blinding me, I shut my eyes tried to put my hand over my eyes. My arms felt like 20 pound bricks, I could barely move them. I tried to move, but I was stopped by a sharp pain coming from my stomach. "Aghh!" I said rather loudly moving my hand to my stomach.

"Darren?!" I looked over towards the sound, Madison.

"Madison, what are you doing here," I began and she walked over towards me, "why are you covered in bruises?" I said trying to run my hand over them, but she took my hand and held it tight.

"I thought I had lost you forever." She said hugging me. "Darren I love you, I love you so much, I'm so sorry, this is all my fault." She said crying onto me.

"Madison shhh, I love you too, this is not your fault, I'm going to be fine."

"But Darren this should have never happened."

"Shhh." I said trying to wipe the tears from her face. I held her face with one hand and leaned her down to kiss me. It was a kiss of victory, I had won, she was safe with me and nothing was ever going to hurt her again.

"Darren, you know that other guys would have given up, but I knew you were different." Madison said as she crawled into the bed with me.

"You know that secret message yiu left me, who else could have done that in such a rush like you did." I told her as I tried to put my arm around her, she helped me.

"Well I'm just glad you figured it out. OMIGOD Elly how is she."

"Fine, Joey is watching her. She misses you."

"Oh I miss her to, let's go see her." Madison said jumping up. I winced, she accidentally hit my stomach. "Oh I'm sorry baby."

"It's okay and I don't really think I'm cleared to go just yet, I said motioning to my stomach.

"Oh yea, I should probably go get a doctor, I was just so glad you were awake." Madison said then gave me a kiss on the cheek.

I'm weak, and sore all over but I'm happy, she is safe, she is mine, and I love her. The next thing to do is get out of the hospital and Take Madison to her father.