Chapter 8

Madison

I miss the safety I felt in Darrens arms. I miss him so much. But I did the right thing, I saved him. He is the only one I care about.

So I guess you a little bit confused. I will start when I went to the bathroom.

*Three Days Ago*

I looked at my self in the mirror, I'm a wreck. I thought to myself. I washed my face off. I feel week, but happy at the same time. I'm so happy that I finally have someone in my life who truly loves me. I began smiling. My phone started buzzing.

Message Unknown: Hello Madison my darling, it's been a long time. We should catch up soon if you know what I mean.

I looked at my phone, who is this, how do they know my name? I ignored it and sat my phone back down. My phone buzzed again.

Message Unknown: Not going to reply? Don't know who I am do I need to come in and refresh your mind?

Cricket, my EX boyfriend.

Message Madison: Cricket leave me alone.

Message Unknown: She remembered. I'm right out side.

My heart sank to the floor.

Message Madison: I have a boyfriend, leave or I'll call the cops.

Message Unknown: Oh a boyfriend. How sweet. Make him leave or when he finally leaves I will follow him home, can't promise he will make it there.

Message Madison: don't hurt him.

Message Unknown: Make him leave and I will let him live. You have five minutes.

I was shaking. My face was pale I walked out of the bathroom and up to Darren. God he is so perfect, ive told him I was a mess, but to save him I have to do what Cricket says.

I took Darrens arm and pulled him off the couch.

"You need to leave." I told him as I fought off the tears.

"What, Madison what's wrong." He said, his face looked hurt. It's so hard not to just break down, I was hurting him.

"Darren just go." I said pushing him through the door. When I shut the door I started crying.

"Madison, what did I do, I'm sorry." He yelled through the door. I cried harder, that was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

Message Unknown: Good job, I'll come in when he leaves, he looks so pathetic sitting out side your door. And if you try to call the cops... well you won't want that to happen.

Message Madison: Please leave me alone.

Message Unknown: Not gonna happen baby.

I walked over to my couch and sat there. I wrapped my self in Darrens jacket. It felt safe, but I know I'm know longer safe. I sat on my couch staring at my door.

My door swung open and there he was the man of my nightmares. He sat beside me and put his arm around me.

"Don't tuch me." I said trying to get away from him.

"Awe don't be that way." He said and leaned in closer to me. I tried to pull away but I couldn't and then he kissed me, I didn't kiss back.

"I have a boyfriend." I said scooting away from him.

"Stop doing that." He said and took my arm and pulled me hard. Tears started falling from my eyes I couldn't hold it anymore. "Stop crying, go get your things packed, we are leaving."

"I'm not leaving."

"Yes you are." He said then slapped me. I ran away, up to my room. I got a small bag packed. He had gotten mean, and the only way to stay safe is to do as he says. I walk down stairs.

"Got you a present." Cricket said throwing a for sale sign.

"No."

"Yes darling, we are moving to Tennessee. And that stupid mutt of yours ain't coming."

"Elly is my best friend."

"I don't care."

"Darren will come looking for me."

"Oh will he." Cricket said he fumbled around and sat a pice of paper and pen in front of me. He pulled out his pocket knife, and held it close to my side. "Now write him a letter saying how you lied to him you never loved him and that your breaking up with him to be with me again."

I didn't reply, just began writing. I have to think fast, I have to weave a real message into this. We met on the second of April, remember. We're the first things I wrote. Hopefully he will get it, the second word, it's hard but I trust him. I wrote this bogus letter, with my secret message hidden in it. When I finished Cricket took it and read over it to make sure I didn't give Darren any hints, well Cricket didn't catch them.

I left the note in the door and Cricket hung the for sale sign up. Cricket grabbed my arm and shoved me into his truck. And we started to drive to my death sentence.

*Back to Reality*

The car ride to Crickets crack house in Tennessee, well nothing important really happened. He keeps me locked up in a room, witch is surprisingly sorta nice. And when he unlocks me is when he get off work, he makes me act like a southern wife. You know put on an apron and cook and clean. I refused to the first day and he back handed me.

I could hear the door open, then Cricket slam it shut. I quickly put the apron on. He swung he door open. And didn't say a word just shoved me onto the bed.

"Cricket stop!" I yelled he didn't say anything he just punched me hard in the face. He began to tie me hands up. "Cricket please, please no." He pulled open the drawer and pulled out the duck tape, and put some over my mouth.

"I want you." Cricket said. His voice was dark and scarry.