Chapter 2

Darren

The next morning when I woke up I went downstairs and fixed myself a bowl of cereal. When I got done eating I went back up to my room to get dressed. I threw on my UofM hoodie and a pair of jeans and headed back down stairs. I saw that Joey was finally up.

"Joey get dressed, we have a class in like thirty minutes." I told him.

"No my good buddy, you have a class, I don't have a class today." He told me smiling.

"You know sometimes I really hate you." I told him then laughed. I grabbed My keys and headed out to my truck. I began to drive to school, it wasant a long drive.

"Do my eyes deceive me?" I said to myself. It was Madison walking down the street. I pulled my truck up beside her.

"Madison, nice to see you again." I said, she jumped.

"You startled me." She said turning to face me. "I think your stalking me."

"Nah I'm just headed to campus, where are you headed?"

"I'm headed to the campus too."

"Well hop in I'll give you a lift." I told her and she climbed in. "I've never see you around campus before."

"Oh I'm not a student. I'm a photographer, in was called to take some pictures to post on the University's website."

"Oh, well if you take one of me make sure to get my good side." I told her, then gave her a wink.

"And witch side would that be."

"All of them." I told her, she just giggled at me.

"I'll tell you what, if you want, once your done with your classes, and I'm done taking pictures, why don't we go get a bite to eat." She said as we pulled into the campus.

"Well you've got yourself a deal. I'll see you back at my truck around 12."

"Okay, see you later Darren." She said as she hopped it of my truck and strolled off. She was beautiful, a girl like her has to be taken. I thought to myself. I got out of my truck and walked on to my English class. It was boring, the professors just drag on and on.

On my walk to the theater I saw Madison snapping away.

"Get some of student life." I heard the headmaster say as I walked by.

"Well luckily every side is his good side." I heard Madison say. I turned around and smiled at her. The headmaster just looked at the both of us confused.

I was out of the theater by noon. I began to walk back to my truck. A part of me says that she won't be here, but the other part says she will. Sure enough when I got to my truck she was waiting for me.

"I was begging to think that you bailed on me." She said as we both got inside.

"Well I came from the theater, it's clear on the other side of the campus." I told her as I started my truck. "So how did your pictures turn out."

"Good, well as good as they can be when the Headmaster was breathing down your neck." She he said, I laughed at her.

"Well they can't be that bad, you got some of me." She just giggled at me.

"So where exactly are we going?" She added me.

"We are headed to the best place to eat in town."

"And where would that be?"

"The Pizza Palace."

"Darren, isint that for five year olds?"

"Well I like to consider myself a child at heart." I told her as we turned in. Thus truly was my favorite place, even though it is for five year olds, me and my friends would still come down here and hang out. We got out and walked in, I held the door for her, she blushed. We found a seat and ordered some food.

"So, tell me about you." She said to me.

"Well to sum me up, I'm a student at the University of Michigan, and I'm majoring in theater, my dream is to act, but if that falls through, I want to teach music. Um what else, I play guitar and write my own music. I'm originally from San Francisco. What else do you want to know?" She sat there shocked at me. "What?"

"How can you open up like that to someone you don't know?"

"Well when you tell me about yourself, I will know you." I said to her, she looked at me and rolled her eyes.

"You don't want to know about me." She said.

"Hey I told you about me, it only fair."

"I'm to complicated." She said then taking a sip of her drink.

"Fine, at least tell me where your from."

"I'm from Kentucky."

"A southern girl, I would have never guessed, you don't have an accent."

"Well I've tried to get rid if it, it reminds me of the place I ran away from." She said twirling her straw around in her cup.

"Why did you run away?" I was interested now.

"Well you see-" She stopped her self.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Nothing, I don't want to talk about it. I left that place to forget it."

"Okay," it felt awkward now, "well um, what do you like to do for fun?"

"Well I take pictures of my dog, it's lame I know but she is my only friend."

"You have me." I told her, she looked up and smiled at me. I reached my hand across the table took hers. I expected her to yank it back but she didn't. When the waitress came with our pizza we let go.

"Wow, these are big pizzas." She said as she took a slice.

"Yea, but they are the best in town." I told her she just smiled at me. "Madison, please tell me why you left your home." She tool a deep breath and sat down her pizza.

"Darren, not here."

"So you will tell me." She gave me a look and took another deep breath.

"Maybe." She replied.