Chapter 12

Darren

It's been almost a two weeks that I have been stuck at the hospital. I feel alot better, my gut is still sore, but I can move around. Hopefully they will release me soon.

Madison and I were laying on my bed together watching TV.

"Hey Madison can you pass me my wallet?" I asked her. She reached over and picked it up for me. I opened it up and pulled out a folded up pice of paper.

"This is the song I've been working on, basically since we met." I said as I handed her the folded up paper. She opened it up and began reading it. She stopped and looked at me.

"Will you sing it please she said giving me puppy dog eyes.

"You know that I can't tell you no." I took a deep brethren and began singing.

"Say, wasn't that a funny day?
Gee you had a funny way, a way about you
A kind of glow of something new

Sure, I'll admit that I'm the same
Another sucker for a game kids like to play
And the rules they like to use

Don't you want the way I feel?
Don't you want the way I feel for you?

The sun telling me the night is done
Well I refuse to let it stop our fun
Close your eyes, we'll make it dark again

And kiss, there's a thought so how 'bout this?
Let's pretend that both our lips are made of candy
After all we need sweets every now and then

Don't you want the way I feel?
Don't you want the way I feel for you?

Well here we are two strangers in a very different place
Who knows what will happen to us next?
Here we are with nothing but this little spark
It's too cold outside to lay this fire to rest

Go, how so very apropos
A goodbye just as soon as I said hello
Well, alright, I'll see you later

It's true, it's just a fantasy for two
But what's the difference if it all could have been true?
I guess this is better

Don't you want the way I feel?
Don't you want the way I feel for you?

Oh, don't you want the way I feel?
Don't you want the way I feel?
Don't you want the way I feel for you?

Don't you want the way that I feel for you?"

"Why are you so perfect?" Madison asked me giving me a kiss on the cheek.

The doctor entered through the door. "Darren you are a pice of work, you really are, never have I ever seen someone recover so quickly from being stabbed, well, I havent seen many people survive being stabbed either."

"Well I knew that I had to survive." I told Dr. Henry, then I took Madisons hand.

"Well Darren, we are releasing you, just go home and rest, take your medicine and in no time you should be good as new."

I an so excited to go back home. I have missed my friend, and honestly going to school, I will have alot of make up work. I've missed everything about Michigan, I've missed my late night walks, and my loving bed.

Madison began to Gather my things. She layed out for me some comfy pants and a hoodie. I quickly got dressed, Madison had to help me put my hoodie on and tie my shoes.

"Are you ready to go?" Madison asked. I nodded my head and a nurse wheeled in a wheelchair. Madison helped me in tone chair and wheeled me out of the hospital.

Madison helped me into the passenger side of my truck. "Wait, wait, Madison I need to drive." I said as Madison was about to close the door.

"Darren no I will drive us back home." She said shutting g the door and hopping in on the drivers side.

"But you see I promised someone that we would stop by before we headed back to Michigan."

"Well tell me where they live and I will take us there."

"I can't because if I did you would go."

"Darren you are making no sense."

"Madison please let me drive." I begged her.

"Are we close to this said friends house?"

"No, but when we get closer can I tell you to stop and you let me drive." I told her. She took a deep breath then turned on the truck.

"Fine, but you need to rest."

"Thank you." I told her then leaned over and kissed her, I winced. "Ouch." Madison just laughed at me.

"Are you okay?" She asked me.

"Yes I'm fine." I told her. Then she pulled out of the hospital and we left.