Chapter 10

Madison

Life has become brutal. I have regular beatings, and he has his way with me just whenever he wants. I very tried to fight back, but I'm weak, I have given up all home on Darren. It's been two weeks, but it has felt like two years.

I sat in my room that I was locked up in, in the corrner, curled up in a ball wrapped up in Darrens jacket. I take the jacket and sniff it, it smells like Darren. It smells safe. I loose myself on the memory of me and Darren. He's not coming.

I can't do this anymore.

Darren

I've been driving for hours. I haven't slept in days, my eye lids feel heavy, like ten pound bricks under my eyes. But I keep going. I entered Paris, Tennessee around noon.

I miss home, I miss Anarbor, Michigan. I have been on the road for a solid week, with no sleep, just energy drinks to keep me going. I have no energy, how can I fight this man, one knock and I feel like I could die. I pull over and pull out my phone and called 911. Probably what I should have done in the first place, but Madison was right on that first night we met. She told me that I had this instinct to always save some one when they are in trouble, I have a superhero quality.

"911 what's your emergency?" The woman said in a calming tone.

"My girlfriend has been kidnapped by a man named Cricket Barns. He lives at 3451 McCullough road."

"Can you tell us the name of your girlfriend."

"Madison, Madison River."

"Police are on there way, I can stay on the phone with you until they reach the house."

"No thank you." I said then hung up the phone. I began driving, I wasant far away from the house. I pulled in, the drive way was long. I finally saw his house come into view. It was an old run down shack of a house. I put my truck in park and this man emerged from the door. I got out of my truck, my head felt like it was swimming.

"You must be Darren, you know Madison kept saying you would come save her, but I didn't think you were stupid enough to." He said walking up to me.

"I love her." I said once he was in front of me. He pulled out his pocket knife.

"Love does exist." He said then stabbed me. I felt my body fall down, I herd the high pitched scream of a girl. Madison. Everything became fuzzy, then everything went black.