Chapter 7

Darren

I finally reached the apartment at 11:30 pm. Joey was sitting on the couch with Elly beside him, I forgot to tell him we have a dog now.

"Hey, when did we get a dog?" Joey asked as I walked inside.

"Just eariler today, read this." I said as I sat down on the couch and handed Joey the note. He read over it and his face was just as confused as mine.

"Okay, this honestly makes no sense." Joey said handing me the note back.

"I know, and the first sentence is the most confusing. We met on the second of April, remember. Why would she put that in there?"

"Maybe it's not the day she wants you to remember, but something with the number."

"The number two?"

"You never know man."

I just sat there rereading the letter over and over. Elly moped around, she missed Madison, I missed Madison.

I started at the letter hoping it would just speak to me and tell me what to do. The number two, I thought to myself.

The number two.

The second.

Second...

Second...

Second...

WORD!

THE SECOND WORD.

I quickly grabbed a pice of paper and wrote down the second word of every sentence.

I'm sorry I told you I was a mess
my past has come back
to save you I have left
all my love Madison.

It all makes sense. The reason why the letter was so sloppy. What Madison told me wasant a lie the letter was. Madison is in trouble and I need to find her. But how. Who am I looking for? Where am I going? What am I going to do?

I took a deep breath.

She mentioned in her letter EX boyfriend.

The only EX boyfriend she told me about was the one who raped her. The thought of her with him made a shiver go down my spine.

I need to start in Kentucky, talk to her dad see if he knows this EX boyfriends name. I ran to my room and threw some clothes into my backpack.

"Joey no time to ask questions but I'm headed to Kentucky, take care of Elly please." I told Joey as I left the room. I didn't even wait for his answer, I am on a mission nothing is going to stop me.

I got in my truck and took a deep breath. Okay, father's name, it was written in an old family album I looked at when she wasant paying atention. Dallas... Daniel... Da... Da... David Scott River.

Now that I know who I'm looking for, where am I going? Bardstown, she told me once about her first day at Bardstown Elementary.

Okay so I'm going to Bardstown Kentucky, and I'm looking for David Scott River. I found an old recept and scribbled that down. I was ready to go, find and save my girlfriend.