Chapter 9

"Did you get any more messages." Hanna asked pulling into the mall parking lot. I pulled out the note and read it to her. "Are you gonna go?" She asked pulling into a parking spot. "I don't know." I said getting out of the car. We walked into JcPenny's. "Well if you do go...I'm coming with you." She said picking up a white dress with pink flowers on it and threw it over her shoulder. I picked out a plain purple sweat shirt.

"Did you tell Cameron?" She asked as we walked to the register . "No. Should I?" I asked looking at her as she payed. "Thank you." She said to the woman. "I think you should but whenever you're ready. Go for it." She said smiling as we got in line for Dunkin Donuts. "He asked to come over tonight so I'll tell him then." I sighed. "Good choice." She smiled.

Hanna is such a good friend. She's like the exact opposite of me but in a good way. That's what makes us best friends. She has straight blonde hair and blue eyes. She's way shorter than me. She's pretty girly and she obsessed with Christmas. All year long that's all she talks about. It doesn't matter if it  two weeks after Christmas. She'll just say she can't wait until Christmas. She's so understanding and kindhearted. I'm so lucky to have her as my best friend.

"What can I get for you guys?" The guy behind the register asked. "Can I have a iced French vanilla swirl with cream.?" I asked. He nodded. "And for you?" He asked looking at Hanna. "Can I get a Carmel macchiato with skim milk and extra cream and sugar. Wait! No. I want a white chocolate mocha. Hot. With whipped cream. No!..... I want the Carmel macchiato with skim milk. With cream and sugar." The guy looked at her confused but placed her order in. About  five minutes later we got our coffee.

We walked around the mall and bought clothes for this party that was next weekend. I checked the time. 6:30 pm. "Uh Hanna can you drop me off at home." I asked as we got in the car. "No." She said looking at me. "Why?" I asked. "I'm coming with you tonight remember?" She asked as we drove to my house. "Oh yea." I said slightly smiling.

We got to my house. I saw everyone eating dinner. They all looked at me. "Yes?" I asked setting my bags down. My mom chuckled and all of them looked away. I brought my bags upstairs with Hanna behind me. I got a text from Cameron.

C- On my way❤️

A- Okay.❤️I need to tell you something really important when you get here and we might not be able to watch a movie.

C- You're scaring me.

A- I'm not breaking up with you don't worry😘

C- Thank god🙏

A- 😂Okay bye

I shut off my phone and Hanna and I went downstairs. "Uh I gotta go." Nash said to my mom putting his dish in the sink. "Okay honey don't be out to late." She said giving him a hug. "Okay." He said he went upstairs and got a black backpack. I checked the time. 8:12 pm. I heard someone knock on the door. I knew it was Cameron cause he knows I hate doorbells. I smiled and ran to the door. "Hello." I said tilting my head. "Hi." He said doing the same thing. I laughed slightly. I went upstairs to my room and he followed me and Hanna. "Cameron." I said as we all sat on my bed. "Yeah?" He asked. "Okay here it goes...." I said letting out a deep breath.

I told him about the whole thing. Except I didn't exactly say that the first text was about him. "I'm coming with you guys." He said in a deep voice looking straight into my eyes. "Are you sure." Hanna asked. He nodded. She looked and me and I smiled and nodded. "Well it's....8:50 now so we should get going." Cameron said grabbing my hand and standing up. We got in Cameron's car and drove to the school. "You guys have to hide or she or he or whatever it is! Will see you." I said making them laugh a bit. They nodded their heads and hid behind the dumpster. Classic. I stood at the school door when it opened. Someone grabbed me and covered my mouth before I could scream.

I tried to fight back but he was to strong. I could tell it was a guy. I'm stronger than all of the girls in my neighborhood. He threw me into the wall and I hit my back really hard. He closed and locked the doors. I got up and ran up the school stairs. I didn't see him behind me so I ran into the chemistry lab and hid behind a shelf. I heard the door slam open someone pushed the shelf that I was behind down and grabbed me by my arms. Even from upstairs I could hear Cameron and Hanna yelling my name and pounding on the door.

I struggled to get out of his grip. "GET.....OFF..... OF ME!" I screamed at him and threw him into a shelf I ran out of the room and ran back down the stairs. I unlocked the door and ran into Cameron and Hanna's arms. We ran to the car and I saw him running after us. "He's coming." I said in between breathes to Hanna and Cameron. We quickly got in the car and Cameron started it up and we sped off......